Website Sacred Heart Schools
Job Location: Sacred Heart Schools Atherton – Atherton, CA
Position Type: Part Time 12 – Month Schedule of Duties
Salary Range: $50.00 Hourly
Job Category: Preparatory (9th – 12th Grades)
Position Purpose: Provide support to the Testing Coordinator during the administration of the Advanced Placement (AP) Exams, ensuring conditions meet all College Board rules and regulations while providing students the opportunity to realize their potential.
Specific Expectations for Prep Faculty & Staff – In addition to supporting the Testing Coordinator, the following duties and responsibilities are expected as part of the proctor workload: chaperoning, training, proctoring exams, mandatory meetings and/or events as required and directed by your supervisor. All employees will be paid appropriately and according to current law. If staff are required to work outside of the regular work schedule, permission to work outside of the regular work schedule is required; non-exempt employees will receive overtime pay, as eligible.
- Attend necessary Proctor trainings prior to exam administration period
- Proctor/Administer AP Exams during the allotted first two week period of May, and late testing during the third week of May
- Account for all exam materials as provided by the Testing Coordinator before and at the end of each exam
- Take and report attendance to Testing Coordinator at the beginning of each exam administration
- Follow proctoring script and directions as outlined by The College Board when administering exams
- Complete necessary paperwork when administering exams for students with approved accommodations
- Monitor students when testing on the computer and/or iPad
- Handle extra equipment needed for administration of exams including computers, audio equipment, etc.
- Responsible for deleting documents once printed from computers
- Responsible for shutdown/wipe down of computers
- Communicate with Testing Coordinator in the event of tech difficulties or student questions/incident reports
- Monitor students at all times during exam administration including breaks
- Experience working in education, experience working in a high school environment preferred
- Teaching/proctoring experience in a learning resource center or classroom environment preferred but not required
- Strong experience with and ability to use Gmail, Google docs
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding exam administration and student information
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based in it
- Strong leadership ability; enjoy working with children and adolescents
- Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with students, families and colleagues
- Commitment to social justice education: equity, access, inclusion, and multiculturalism
- Available and willing to work between 8AM-6PM Monday through Friday during the first two weeks of May
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a busy environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges
- May work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional testing/classroom environment without climate control
- Ability to regularly travel comfortably and safely over the 64 acre campus and to an off-site parking lot across the street from SHS
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.