Website Mark Day School
Support Teacher for Spanish
Part-Time – Starting August 2023
Mark Day School seeks a collaborative, self-motivated support teacher to assist lead teachers with Spanish instruction in elementary and middle school classrooms. Join us and teach in a community characterized by academic excellence, student-centered teaching methods, close collaboration between colleagues, and a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist education. The successful applicant for this position will help advance the school’s mission with positive energy, creativity, dedication to a diverse and equitable community, love for children, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to collaborate in partnership with the wider school community.
Mark Day students learn to communicate effectively, confidently, and with cultural awareness in Spanish, including reading, writing, listening, and speaking. They also develop cross-cultural literacy when interacting with native speakers of the target language or interacting across differences in language and culture.
Opportunities and Responsibilities
- Support lead Spanish teachers 20 hours/week with clerical, instructional, and assessment tasks
- Set high learning and behavioral expectations in a climate of responsibility, safety, enthusiasm, and fun
- Form supportive and responsive relationships with students and families
- Build a strong, positive learning culture in which students advocate for themselves and others
- Serve as an occasional substitute teacher for lead Spanish teachers
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong Spanish skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Experience working with children
- Proven track record of working effectively to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist education
- Strong skills in initiative, follow-through, organization, collaboration, and communication
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant technology, especially Gmail, google docs, and google classroom.
Compensation and Pay Range
Mark Day School places support teachers on a published hourly pay scale with steps based on years of experience in education. The Mark Day support teacher hourly rate ranges from $20.00-$37.40 per hour depending on experience.
More About Mark Day School
Mark Day School is a vibrant and diverse community, and all community members continue to work towards the furthering of an inclusive and supportive school. The school is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and multiculturalism. Mark Day School’s compensation and benefits are very competitive by both NAIS and regional standards. For more information about Mark Day School, please visit www.markdayschool.org.
Interested candidates should visit our website and send a letter of interest and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com