Website Mirman School
Lower School Associate Teachers 2023/2024 School Year
Job Title: Lower School Associate Teacher
Reports To: Head of Lower School
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000. Salary will be based on years of experience and educational credentials.
Mirman School seeks full-time Lower School Associate Teachers for the 2023 – 2024 school year, starting in August of 2023.
About Mirman School
Mirman School embraces, supports, and values the many facets and faces of giftedness as we nurture our students’ abilities to reach their highest potential. As an educational institution, we are committed to personalizing our curriculum through depth and complexity, while celebrating the intellectual, creative, and kinesthetic dimensions of childhood and adolescence. We foster a culture of inclusivity and connectivity in which our students’ academic, co-curricular, and socio-emotionalexperiences and needs are supported. Mirman faculty and staff model empathy and respect in our communal effort to enhance whole-child learning. Our goal is to inspire lifelong curiosity and learning, the continuous pursuit of excellence, and ethical leadership among our students and graduates.
Responsibility — We are obligated to care for ourselves, our community, and our environment.
Integrity — What we believe is right directly shapes our actions.
Discovery — We enthusiastically pursue knowledge about ourselves and the world around us.
Empathy — We strive to understand and value the experiences and feelings of others.
Resilience — We recognize challenges as necessary steps in learning and personal growth.
Work with Lead Teacher to create a flexible and dynamic elementary classroom environment and program favorable tolearning and personal growth for highly gifted children; establish effective rapport with students, parents, and colleagues; nurture passions and talents of students; develop each child’s skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed in a strong foundation for elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; collaborate and partner with colleagues and administration to build, assess, and integrate curriculum across disciplines; foster student success and well-being beyond their classroom.
Essential Job Functions:
• Evaluate student work, using both formative and summative assessments, benchmarks and other assessments to guide instructional planning and promote student success• Lead math group by creating and implementing lesson plans, assigning, and evaluating homework, assessing student progress, and partnering with parents and teachers to ensure students success.
• Collaborate and work effectively with Head of Lower School, lead teacher, and other faculty and administration personnel
• Collaborate with lead teacher to co-plan and eventually lead additional subjects such as Reading Workshop, Writing Workshop and/or Thematic Studies (social studies).
• Relate well to students, parents, and staff
• Provide coverage for lead teacher in their absence
• Cultivate and model a respectful, safe, creative, and invigorating classroom
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the academic, social, and emotional development of highly gifted children
• Demonstrate effective use of classroom materials and technology to enhance learning
• Strong understanding of independent school methods and the ability to effectively integrate best practices of NAIS and CAIS
• Demonstrate a strong understanding and usage of multiple forms of assessment in informing and driving instruction
• Demonstrates culturally competent skills in educational program design and delivery
• Demonstrate effective and respectful management of classroom culture using social-emotional learning skills and strategies, such as Responsive Classroom
• Exhibit enthusiasm and commitment to the vision, mission and guiding principles of the school
• Demonstrate excellent organization, time management, and follow-through skills
• Other duties as assigned
• A commitment to ongoing learning about diversity, equity and inclusion, and justice initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree required; work towards an advanced degree in Elementary or Early education (preferred)
• 1-3 years of teaching experience in a classroom
• Experience with working with highly gifted children preferred
• Previous experience with Lower School students (preferred)
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Competent in using Google Suite
• Strong proficiency with technology and ability to use technology effectively in the classroom
• Strong work ethic with the ability to learn new skills quickly
• Professional development & opportunities for growth
• Community and connection with staff and administration
• Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
• 403b retirement plan with 5% match and flexible spending account
• Beautiful campus!
To apply for this position, submit your resume to email@example.com.
At Mirman, through an inclusive environment, we challenge our students and each other to be dynamic problem-solvers and thoughtful citizens. Mirman does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, physicaldisability or sexual orientation in administration of our educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics and other school-administered programs.
We would like to note that Mirman School has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated and boosted and provide proof of vaccination.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org