Website Mirman School
Job Title: Lower School Lead Teacher for 2023/2024 School Year
Reports To: Head of Lower School
Salary: $60,000 – $105,000. Salary will be based on years of experience and educational credentials.
Mirman School seeks full-time Lower School Lead Teachers for the 2023 – 2024 school year, starting in August of 2023.
About Mirman School
Mirman School embraces, supports, and values the many facets and faces of giftedness as we nurture our students’ abilities to reach their highest potential. As an educational institution, we are committed to personalizing our curriculum through depth and complexity, while celebrating the intellectual, creative, and kinesthetic dimensions of childhood and adolescence. We foster a culture of inclusivity and connectivity in which our students’ academic, co-curricular, and socio-emotional experiences and needs are supported. Mirman faculty and staff model empathy and respect in our communal effort to enhance whole-child learning. Our goal is to inspire lifelong curiosity and learning, the continuous pursuit of excellence, and ethical leadership among our students and graduates.
Responsibility — We are obligated to care for ourselves, our community, and our environment.
Integrity — What we believe is right directly shapes our actions.
Discovery — We enthusiastically pursue knowledge about ourselves and the world around us.
Empathy — We strive to understand and value the experiences and feelings of others.
Resilience — We recognize challenges as necessary steps in learning and personal growth.
Create a flexible and dynamic elementary classroom environment and program favorable to learning and personal growth for highly gifted children; establish effective rapport with students, parents, and colleagues; nurture passions and talents ofstudents; develop each child’s skills, attitudes and knowledge needed in a strong foundation for elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; collaborate and partner with colleagues and administration to build, assess, and integrate curriculum across disciplines; foster student success and well-being beyond their classroom.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serve as Lead Teacher for a Lower School class
• Support the academic/social/emotional development of all students
• Mentor an Associate Teacher
• Communicate effectively with families with regards to all aspects of classroom life and child development
• Share supervisory duties and general support and care of the school community
• Perform necessary routine tasks and daily maintenance of the classroom• Collaborate and work effectively with Head of Lower School, lead teacher, and other faculty and administration personnel
• Demonstrate effective and respectful management of classroom culture using social- emotional learning skills and strategies, such as Responsive Classroom
• With strong understanding of independent school methodology, effectively integrate best practices from NAIS and CAIS.
• Build immediate and loving rapport with children of all ages, including a passion for teaching and working with students from various communities
• Exhibit enthusiasm and commitment to the vision, mission and guiding principles of the school
• Other duties as assigned
• A commitment to ongoing learning about diversity, equity and inclusion, and justice initiatives
• Graduate degree in education or a related field preferred
• 3-5 years teaching experience as lead teacher (preferred)
• Experience with working with highly gifted children preferred
• Has relevant experience in a Lower School setting
• Has strong classroom management skills
• Is invested in continued professional growth
• Eagerness to rethink and develop new curriculum in collaboration with colleagues.
• Competent in using Google Suite
• Strong proficiency with technology and ability to use technology effectively in the classroom
• Independent school experience preferred
• Professional development & opportunities for growth
• Community and connection
• Generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision
• Retirement plan and flexible spending account
• Pet care discount services
• Beautiful campus!
To apply for this position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Mirman, through an inclusive environment, we challenge our students and each other to be dynamic problem-solvers and thoughtful citizens. Mirman does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, physical disability or sexual orientation in administration of our educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics and other school- administered programs.
We would like to note that Mirman School has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which requires all faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) and provide proof of vaccination.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com