French American International School
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city.
Mission and Values
Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance. Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident, and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
Working at French American + International opens up a myriad of opportunities – both personal and professional. We appreciate our faculty and staff by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect, and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits. It is also of paramount importance to us that we continue to foster an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we build a school community of individuals who are an actual representation of the world in which we live.
French American International School is seeking a dynamic and collaborative Middle School English teacher to join our community. This position allows for a myriad of opportunities both personal and professional.
- Deliver lessons in accordance with French American teaching principles and curriculum
- Keep student records and grades up to date
- Attend meetings as required by the Principal or Head of Department
- Collaborate with other teachers to ensure cohesive delivery of the program
- Communicate with parents
- Attend school functions
- BA or MA in Education, or BA or MA in other field plus a teaching credential
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Value strong relationships with each student and staff member
- Must be highly personable, and have a welcoming presence
- Commitment to early adolescent education and social-emotional well-being
- Commitment to working in an inclusive and diverse community
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403B – 5% match after 2 years of service
- Commuter Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- 2 Personal days
- 10 Sick days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks off During Winter Break
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org