French American International School
French American + International is a PK-12 independent school in San Francisco. Founded in 1962, the school is a multicultural, multilingual educational institution with over 1,100 students across an urban campus in the heart of the city.
Mission and Values
Guided by the principles of academic rigor and diversity, the French American International School offers programs of study in French and English to prepare its graduates for a world in which the ability to think critically and to communicate across cultures is of paramount importance. Our international community brings together people from many backgrounds. Together we strive to create a shared culture that develops compassionate, confident, and principled people who will make the world better. We base our community on these values: Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and Curiosity.
Working at French American + International opens up a myriad of opportunities – both personal and professional. Critical to our Strategic Plan in creating a proud, engaged community; we appreciate our faculty and staff by fostering a community of ongoing learning, respect, and collegiality and by providing competitive compensation and benefits. It is also of paramount importance to us that we continue to foster an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we build a school community of individuals who are an actual representation of the world in which we live.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Annual Giving Manager is a front-line fundraising position that offers an opportunity for close, collaborative work and problem-solving with a small team of dedicated and dynamic development professionals.
- Manage current Annual Giving Campaign, which includes the Annual Fund and Spring Fundraising event
- Work with the Director of Development to strategically plan and develop future campaigns to increase giving
- Manage and cultivate an active portfolio of leadership-level Annual Fund donors
- Help to identify possible major gift prospects for the capital campaign
- Maintain the Annual Fund calendar for all annual fund solicitations by targeted constituency and appeal type (email, mail or in-person) as well as annual giving events
- Lead the planning and execution of the Spring Fundraising event, typically an Annual Auction
- Implement best practices and innovative tactics to improve annual giving among parents, alumni, and other supporters
- Recruit, train, and manage all Advancement Volunteers: Annual Fund, Spring Fundraiser, etc.
- Work with Annual Fund Committee Chairs, and trained volunteers to increase parent and alumni participation and size of gifts. Update and create Annual Fund training materials for volunteers
- Work with Advancement team to plan, implement and execute our Spring Fundraiser (virtual or in-person)
- Work with the Advancement and Marketing team to update and create new annual giving documents and collateral
- Coordinate pledge fulfillment and gift acknowledgments with the Advancement team
- Help coordinate new parent welcome events both in person and/or virtually
- Work with Advancement team on special events throughout the year, including planning, prep, setup and breakdown
- Must be able to work in person, some nights and weekends
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of work experience in Development/Advancement with demonstrated success in leading and growing annual giving programs
- Solid working knowledge of fundraising databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with relationship cultivation
- Professionalism with all levels of staff, management, donors, and volunteers
- Available for occasional travel, night, and weekend events
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, team environment
- QualificationsLong-range strategic thinking skills
- Knowledge of fundraising events, e.g. auctions, galas, and others
- An optimistic attitude, positive spirit, and professional demeanor
- Discretion while working with confidential and sensitive information
- Proficiency with Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), competence in the Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Slides), and knowledge of basic office equipment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs, for event setup/takedown
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403B – 5% match after 2 years of service
- Commuter Benefits
- 2 weeks Vacation to start
- 2 Personal days
- 10 Sick days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks off During Winter Break
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org