Website Mark Day School
Science Support Teacher
Beginning August 2023
Mark Day School seeks a collaborative and self-motivated support teacher to assist lead teachers with science instruction in 7th and 8th grades and in Kindergarten-3rd grades. Join us and work in a community characterized by academic excellence, student-centered teaching methods, close collaboration between colleagues, a block schedule, a 1:1 laptop program, and a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist education. The successful applicant for this position will help advance the school’s mission with positive energy, creativity, dedication to a diverse and equitable community, love for children, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to collaborate in partnership with the wider school community.
Opportunities and Responsibilities
- Support lead science teachers in multiple grades with hands-on labs, classroom activities, small-group instruction, and assessing student work
- Assist with logistical tasks such as ordering supplies, organizing materials, and lab setup
- Collaborate with lead teachers and substitute teach if needed
- Provide supervision of students both in the classroom and during recess breaks
- Additional opportunities may be available depending on experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Background and interest in science and science education
- Experience working with children
- Proven track record of working effectively to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist education
- Knowledge of and experience with relevant technology, especially Gmail, google docs, and google calendar
- Strong organization, collaboration, and communication skills
Compensation and Pay Range
Mark Day School places support teachers on a published internal hourly pay scale with steps based on years of experience in education. The Mark Day support teacher hourly rate ranges from $20.00-$37.40 per hour depending on experience.
More About Mark Day School
Mark Day School is a vibrant and diverse community, and all community members continue to work towards the furthering of an inclusive and supportive school. The school is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and multiculturalism. Mark Day School’s compensation and benefits are very competitive by both NAIS and regional standards. For more information about Mark Day School, please visit our website (www.markdayschool.org).
Interested candidates should visit our website and send a letter of interest and resume via email to email@example.com