Website La Scuola International School
Open to the World
We seek an experienced Part Time (50%) IB-PYP Middle School Humanities Teacher to cover Employee Leave for the 2022-23 Academic Year. The role will report to our Middle School Director.
Start Date: October 1, 2022 (flexible)
Anticipated Hours: 20 per week
Teaching and Learning
Plan and teach courses according to IB Middle Years Program guidelines.
Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners, including English language learners and students with learning needs.
Develop, enhance and document curriculum, while ensuring continued coordination and alignment within the IB Middle Years Program.
Connect English and Individuals and Societies curricula to other subject areas in a broad multidisciplinary approach.
Organize experiential learning opportunities as needed.
Leadership, Procedural and Administrative Duties
- Create and maintain Grade 6-8 allocated Annual English and Social Studies budgets.
- Collect, Analyze, and Share annual student data with Pedagogical Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with Teachers in other grade levels on English and Social Studies inquiries.
- As needed, serve as a student advisor, provide scheduled supervision of students, participate in MS trips and field experiences, and engage in ongoing professional development.
- Five Years Teaching or associated experience
- Successful student leadership experience
- MA and Teaching Certificate
- Demonstrated contributions to a positive school environment
Preferred Experience and Qualities
- Knowledge of Italian language and literature, and familiarity with Italian culture
- Commitment to inquiry-based teaching and previous experience with MYP
- Proven ability to work with other teachers and administration
- High level of technology skills
- Proven record of successful teaching
- Experience in program development and assessment
- Successful experience in international schools
- Knowledge of and experience working with data to improve student-learning outcomes
- Proof of commitment to involvement in school beyond the regular teaching day
- Proven experience of contributing to extra-curricular activities and school trips
- Creative and energetic
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Demonstrates educational leadership and is a role model to faculty and staff
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a collegial, collaborative and positive atmosphere among the faculty
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Is a lifelong learner
- Is flexible and has a sense of humor
- Commitment to putting in additional hours as needed
- Interest in living and working in the San Francisco Bay Area
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Prior to beginning work and as a condition of employment in order to comply with the law, all employees must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in the United States.
In addition, the final candidate will need to pass both Criminal Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance and a physical exam, and provide a recent copy of a negative TB test and other immunization records.
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Position may receive excellent benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage. The school also offers group life insurance, employer-matched retirement, long-term disability insurance and commuter benefits. Other fringe benefits include PTO, paid holidays, daily warm lunch and outstanding professional development.
To be considered for the position, please apply here with a letter of intent, a resume and a minimum of 3 references. More information about our school can be found here https://www.lascuolasf.org/.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at La Scuola will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. La Scuola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, promotion, transfer and access to benefits and training. If you feel you may have been discriminated against on the basis of sex or would like more information, please contact Dani Sollberger, Director of Administration, by email or 415-558-9006 or by mail at 728 20th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.