Mount Tamalpais School
Mount Tamalpais School (MTS), a K-8 independent school serving up to 240 students in Mill Valley, California is looking for a high school counselor. This educator will have the opportunity to work with our 7th and 8th grade students and families as they apply to secondary schools.
Our Mission calls on us to be “committed to the development of knowledge and goodness within children” as well as ensure our graduates are “well prepared for their future.” The high school counselor will work with students, families, Head of Middle School, and Head of School to help each student find a high school where this mission can endure for the next four years. Expanding on the high-touch, well-communicated counseling process our Head of School has run for the past three years is of great strategic importance to Mount Tamalpais School.
We are seeking a counselor who has the relevant experience as well as vision to create a robust, but not overwhelming, program for our 7th and 8th grade students. She/he will be supported by our Head of Middle School and strong middle school faculty. Our Head of School, a former high school admissions director and current counselor, will further support the counselor as they define the role moving forward. MTS is also committed to a diverse and inclusive community. To that end we are seeking a person to add to and enhance our work on diversity, equity and inclusion as it relates to this process.
MTS, known for the strength of its middle school program, is at an exciting place in 2020. With a phenomenal budget for professional development and a shared desire for continuous learning and improvement, an educator who is excited to evolve this role and the counseling process will thrive.
- Lead the high school counseling process for the 36 students and families in each graduating class
- Other on campus duties assigned to all faculty
- Be a part of the middle school team, reporting to the Head of Middle School
- Education: A BA or BS
- With the counseling process from either applicant or admission-office side
- Working with adolescents either in the classroom or counseling setting
- Creating an inclusive learning environment where all voices and experiences are valued
- Personal Qualities:
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com