Mount Tamalpais School
Mount Tamalpais School (MTS), a K-8 independent school serving up to 240 students in Mill Valley, California, is looking for a 7th and 8th grade social studies teacher. This teacher will work with dedicated colleagues and a dynamic leadership team to develop the contemporary and historical awareness of global issues, as well as the critical thinking and writing skills, of our oldest students.
Our mission calls on us to develop “knowledge and goodness” and to be “inspiring and nurturing” in our work as educators. The new social studies teacher will be asked to do this as she/he teaches both academic classes and serves as a homeroom teacher and advisor. MTS is also committed to a diverse and inclusive community. To that end, we are seeking a person to add to and enhance our work on diversity, equity and inclusion as well as cultural competency. Finally, as we live our motto of “Where tradition meets tomorrow” we have been focused on integrating project-based learning into our curriculum and seek an educator who values a wide range of teaching and assessment practices.
MTS, known for the strength of its middle school program, is at an exciting place in 2020. With a phenomenal budget for professional development and a shared desire for continuous learning and improvement, an educator who is excited to evolve program and pedagogy will thrive.
- Teach 7th and 8th grade social studies
- Collaborate with other middle school teachers and specialist teachers to develop curriculum
- Co-lead a homeroom and advisory group
- Chaperone 7th or 8th grade outdoor education trip
- Other on campus duties assigned to all faculty
- Be a part of the middle school team, reporting to the Head of Middle School
Education and Experience:
- A BA or BS in a relevant field. Advanced degree(s) preferred
- Experience creating an inclusive learning environment where all voices and experiences are valued
- A commitment to ensure that multicultural themes and diverse perspectives, as well as social justice, are incorporated throughout the curriculum
- Experience teaching research and study skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com