The Seven Hills School
Early Childhood Education Teacher
The Seven Hills School
Overview of school:
Seven Hills School, founded in 1962, offers an outstanding PS-8th grade program for approximately 400 students. The beautiful campus is located on 9 acres of former ranch land near Heather Farm Park in Walnut Creek, CA (approximately 35 miles from downtown San Francisco), and offers students and teachers the daily opportunity to move freely from engaging classrooms to expanses of outdoor space. The school is committed to building an inclusive community with class sizes that allow for greater differentiation, building strong partnerships with parents, and employing passionate teachers who love what they do and bring creativity and innovation to their teaching practice. Seven Hills School is a learning community whose mission is to develop the intellect, engage the spirit, and foster respect for and responsibility to our world.
Overview of position:
The Seven Hills Early Childhood Education (ECE) teachers are responsible for the social-emotional, physical and cognitive development of all preschool children (ages 2.9 to 5 years old). ECE teachers develop partnerships with families to engage and encourage participation in our Reggio-inspired program. Teachers conduct child observations, support the learning and interests of children, develop age-appropriate emergent curriculum and provide ongoing communication with families. Teachers are also responsible for collaborating with fellow ECE teachers, Support Teachers, and Extended Day staff to ensure compliance with state licensing requirements. This position requires great energy, self-motivation, enthusiasm and the ability to lead, innovate, communicate and cooperate with others. As part of an emphasis on best practices and collaborative work, Seven Hills teachers attend regular staff meetings, participate in grade level/subject area team meetings, and take part in ongoing professional development. This is a full time position with competitive salary and excellent benefits, commensurate with experience.
Successful candidates will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field (required)
- Have experience working in an ECE setting (preferably in a larger school context)
- Have a deep understanding of the Reggio Emilia philosophy and experience in a Reggio-inspired setting
- Have experience in emergent curriculum and inquiry-based teaching strategies
- Possess an ability to work harmoniously in a collegial, collaborative parallel teaching environment
- Embrace and have an understanding of NAEYC standards of practice and understand child care licensing requirements
- Be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Have knowledge of developmental stages of children ages 2.9 – 5 years
- Have a demonstrated ability to establish a classroom culture that is built on strong teacher-student relationships and allows for risk-taking
- Have a demonstrated proficiency with the use of technology for teaching, learning and documentation
- Be self-aware and able to build on others’ ideas, capitalize on others’ strengths and effectively share responsibility
- Have a demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Have a growth mindset, active sense of humor, warm personality, and excellent organizational and communication skills
Please complete the online application found at:
After you submit the application, please follow the directions on the screen to email your resume and transcripts. No calls.
Screening and invitation for interviews will begin immediately. The hiring process will include interviews with the Director of Early Childhood Education, Hiring Committee and Head of School, as well as a possible demonstration lesson.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com