Live Oak School
Live Oak School, an independent K-8 school, currently has an opening for a controller.
The Controller is a full-time position. The Controller reports to the Director of Finance & Operations. The Controller works closely with the Director of Finance & Operations to ensure that accounting and financial systems are current and accurately reflect the financial position of the School, in accordance with GAAP, internal controls and policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All day-to-day accounting functions for staff, families of students, and service providers;
- Responsible for all bookkeeping tasks: including, but not limited to, payroll and taxes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, student billing, deposits, money transfers, bank and account reconciliations;
- Works closely with the Development Department in logging incoming donations and recording donations to the General Ledger
- Oversees petty cash account;
- Orients, enrolls and maintains benefit packages and claims for all employees;
- Maintains current data on all employees, retirees and COBRA participants, including staff attendance;
- Participates in budget preparation and maintaining the long range model;
- Maintains and organizes business office files;
- Preparation and participation in yearly audit with independent school auditors;
- Participates in the Adjusted Tuition Committee, analyzing applications and discussing awards;
- Assists the Director of Finance & Operations on projects on an as-needed basis.
- 7-10 years of accounting experience, with at least 3 as a Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, or
Controller in an educational institution or other non-profit.
- Excel expertise.
- High level communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and an appropriate attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle numerous tasks at once and independently complete them.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential or sensitive information.
- CPA is a plus; a thorough knowledge of GAAP a necessity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com