Live Oak School
Live Oak School supports the potential and promise of each student. We provide a strong academic foundation, develop personal confidence and the ability to collaborate with others, inspire students to act with compassion and integrity, and nurture a passion for learning to last a lifetime.
Live Oak is accepting resumes for a Seventh and Eighth Grade Science Teacher to begin in August, 2018. Applicants should have experience as head teachers, professional training, enjoy collaborative work on curriculum development, and feel a commitment to the school’s Mission and Educational Philosophy. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and statement of educational philosophy to Resume@calwesteducators.com.
This is a full time position and reports to the Middle School Head.
Primary Responsibilities of the Seventh and Eighth Grade Science Teacher:
- The seventh and eighth grade science teacher is responsible for the planning, consistent documentation, and implementation of the seventh and eighth grade science program, in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy, established scope and sequence, and adopted resources.
- Estimated course load: Teach 2 seventh grade and 2 eighth grade sections of science (equivalent of 20 teaching periods a week); teach a weekly rotation (science extension); and host bi-weekly seventh and eighth grade study halls.
- Engage in self-reflection and professional growth through goal setting, participation in the Professional Growth Program and PD opportunities, and ongoing dialog with Middle School Head. Use Folio to document growth.
- Lead an advisory group of seventh grade students, collaborate with seventh grade team on content.
- Collaborate with Middle School Learning Specialist, School Counselor, Middle School Head, and Dean of Student Life in providing students with academic and social support, and attend family/support meetings as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org