Convent & Stuart Hall
We are seeking excellent candidates for the role of high school Chemistry Teacher serving girls and boys in Grades 9-12. Candidates should be compelling educational practitioners who are confident in their capacity to create and deliver a dynamic, engaging and challenging curriculum to high school students. In addition to their teaching assignments, all teaching faculty are expected to contribute to the life of the school community in general. Additionally, as a IB world school, each faculty member is trained in the curriculum and delivery of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP). To apply, please click here.
About Convent & Stuart Hall
At Convent & Stuart Hall, we are committed to developing resilient, resourceful and engaged thinkers who are equipped to thrive in an evolving world. Our rigorous K-12 educational model is a dynamic blend of single-sex and co-ed classes, supported by small class sizes and resources reflective of a large school. We deliver an interactive learning experience, curated by faculty highly regarded in their academic fields so that students graduate with confidence in what they know, how they think and who they are. Our community is part of an international network of Sacred Heart schools, where students and adults embrace the catholic charism of our Sacred Heart founders, which is spiritually inclusive and global in nature. The school is organized into four academic divisions, each led by a Division Head, sharing resources and a central administration, all of which is under the direction of the President.
To be considered candidates should submit a resume and cover letter displaying their qualifications in the following areas:
- Requires an undergraduate degree in the field of study, a Masters degree is strongly preferred.
- Prefer 3-5 years of relevant classroom teaching experience teaching introductory and advanced Chemistry courses with prior AP and IB teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Independent and collaborative leadership is required as well as effective communication skills.
- Teachers at Convent & Stuart Hall are confident and creative educational practitioners who have the ability to develop, curate and deliver courses in the school’s curriculum, including coursework related to the IBDP along with Advanced Placement courses.
- Candidates should have excellent writing and communication skills.
- History of collegiality and collaboration with other teachers and administrators.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning profiles.
- Innovative, creative, and flexible teaching style.
- Understanding the developmental needs of students and how they learn best.
- Requires demonstrated and direct experience using a wide range of instructional technology tools including iPads, laptops, and Google Apps.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and willing to take initiative.
- Must have excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work well with students and adults.
- Must be a role model and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Experience with independent schools is strongly preferred.
- Regularly lifting or carrying 1-20 lbs.
- Regular pushing/pulling/bending/stooping/kneeling
- Regularly climbing stairs**
- Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
- Requires physical presence, work to be performed on campus **
** Denotes essential functions of the position
The school is committed to providing competitive salaries in addition to a rich benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick days
- Life Insurance, LTD and AD&D
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Free lunch during the school year
- Flexible spending plans for medical, dependent care and commuting expenses.
Convent & Stuart Hall is an equal opportunity employer that does not and will not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical/mental disability or veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org