Alta Vista School
The Director of Admissions & Enrollment Management will be a critical thinking partner of the Head of School, and will be an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team. We welcome candidates with a background in independent school, public school, or charter school settings. We want to be clear that as with all independent school admissions endeavors, this position will require a flexible schedule with work on evenings and weekends as dictated by the admissions and retention calendar.
In a diverse school community serving students JK through Grade 8 across two campuses, that encompasses a number of key constituencies, the Admissions Director must be a team-builder and advocate for faculty and families. Candidates should be well skilled in cross-cultural competency and be able to carefully balance building consensus with taking the initiative to lead on a variety of issues relevant to the academic program and the school overall.
The Director of Admissions & Enrollment Management will be an experienced professional who:
- Exemplifies emotional intelligence and care in all interactions with current and prospective families, faculty, and students.
- High levels of organization and project management experience. The Director of Admissions should be highly organized, develop systems and procedures, establish clear standards of accountability, make sound decisions in a timely fashion, and get back to all parents in a timely fashion.
- Has prior experience in Admissions in independent, charter, or public schools with a proven track record of success in
- Builds trusting partnerships with parents throughout the community in order to garner volunteer support for admissions related initiatives.
- Collaborates with colleagues to foster an outstanding educational experience by Supporting the school’s faculty & staff through education, dialogue, and a commitment to ensure they receive professional development in Admissions practices.
- Exhibits a commitment to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion in schools. candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent skills in cross-cultural collaboration so that we can continue to foster a culture where everyone in the community can thrive.
- Communicates with a visionary outlook and has experience leading institutional growth in Admissions. Successful candidates must be able to speak compellingly to current and prospective families to articulate the school’s mission and philosophy.
- Is thoroughly comfortable with technology used to support the administrative requirements of the position. Ravenna (or similar systems) experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Established in 2010, Alta Vista School (AVS) is an independent junior/transitional kindergarten through eighth grade school in San Francisco that prepares students to thrive as creative thinkers, innovators, and catalysts for positive change in the world. With an emphasis on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math), AVS encourages students to go beyond a strong academic foundation to engage with their community and pursue their passions.
The essential focus of the school is to cultivate inquiry-based learning, social-emotional development, and responsibility in students through an innovative and collaborative approach to education. Alta Vista School currently serves 300 students in two divisions: Lower School (JK-5th grade) and Middle School (6th to 8th grade.
Please forward your letter of interest, resume, and references to Jenny Sommer, Asst. to the Head of School: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org