Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School St. Elizabeth Campus
OPENING: Associate Director of Advancement, Oakland, CA
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School St. Elizabeth Campus, opened in July 2017, is part of the Cristo Rey National Network of 37 schools. The school is sponsored and operated by the District of San Francisco New Orleans, part of the Lasallian Region of North America of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools. It is located in the Fruitvale district of Oakland on the campus of the former Saint Elizabeth High School.
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School St. Elizabeth Campus, is a diverse Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students of limited economic means to succeed in college and in life.
Position Title: Associate Director of Development
Reports to: Vice President Mission Advancement
Location: Cristo Rey De La Salle High School (remote during COVID closure)
Status: Full time; Exempt
Compensation: Compensation and Benefits: Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School offers an excellent benefits package and a salary that is commensurate with experience and education.
Works with: Internally: President, board of directors, advancement team, school and administrative staff, faculty, volunteers,students, school families. Externally: individual donors, community leaders, non-profit organization leaders, key contacts with corporations, foundations, and public sector funding entities. Others as identified.
- Understands and supports the mission of Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School as fundamental to all advancement efforts
- Works in collaboration with the President, Vice President of Mission Advancement, and the advancement team in all aspects of fundraising
- Assists with the preparation and execution of fundraising strategies, advancement activities: individual and institutional giving through all channels including direct mail, online giving, social media, major donor initiatives
- Lead on all aspects of Annual Fund with full support from the Advancement team including plan development and implementation, face-to-face solicitation, direct mail, online solicitation
- Creates and oversees production of Annual Fund and appeal marketing, solicitation, and communication materials including quarterly newsletters from content development, print production, mailing
- Monitors Annual Fund progress and provides timely reports
- Supports the President, Vice President of Advancement and the Advancement team in identification and cultivation of major donors
- Assists with gift processing and acknowledgement and, as needed, manages support staff/volunteers in these activities
- Along with all members of the Advancement team, participates in database maintenance, updates, report generation. We do not have dedicated database staff. It’s a team effort.
- In concert with the Vice President of Advancement, manages the grants pipeline, relationship with contract grant writer/researcher. As necessary, develops proposals and conducts research.
- Lead on all direct mail solicitations: conceptualization, design and segmentation logic
- Member of the school Communications Team
- Supports events
Knowledge, skills, abilities
- 5 years’ progressive experience in fund development with quantifiable track record of results
- Annual Fund/campaign concept development; collateral materials development and production, annual fund plan strategy and execution
- Experience with major donor cultivation with quantifiable track record of results
- Familiarity with relational databases required – experience with Donor Perfect preferred
- Excellent oral and written communicator is essential
- Must be adept at and at ease with donor solicitation
- Experience with grant writing preferred
- Some experience in fundraising event planning and orchestration preferred
- Some experience in volunteer management preferred
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite required/Google Suite preferred – a skills test may be administered
- Must be goal oriented and eager to work to achieve specific fundraising goals
- Ability to work with grace under pressure
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives and projects
- Well organized
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Must maintain strict confidentiality related to students, school families, alumni, donors and donor prospects
- BA degree
- A valid California driver’s license, personal automobile for use on the job, insurable by CRDLS insurance policy based on DMV record and personal vehicle insurance.
- Fingerprint/Background clearance
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Regularly walking, standing, twisting and bending
- Regularly reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms
- Regular use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, mouse or calculator
- Regularly required to talk and hear in person and by telephone
- Visual ability to read documents and computer monitor
- Required to lift up to 30 pounds
- Required to regularly ascend/descend stairs
- Ability to drive
Interested candidates should send a resume and three writing samples. Samples of collateral/appeals are encouraged as well.
Janet Wilks, Vice President Mission Advancement
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School
1530 34th Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org