Live Oak School
Live Oak School supports the potential and promise of each student. We provide a strong academic foundation, develop personal confidence and the ability to collaborate with others, inspire students to act with compassion and integrity, and nurture a passion for learning to last a lifetime.
Live Oak is accepting resumes for Lower School Teachers (grades K-5). Applicants should have experience as head teachers, professional training, enjoy collaborative work on curriculum development, demonstrate a commitment to issues of equity and social justice, and feel a resonance with the school’s mission, vision, values, and educational philosophy. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and statement of educational philosophy here.
Lower School Teachers at Live Oak work in a team teaching structure, collaborating with a second lead teacher in each classroom of 22-24 students.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with the team teacher to plan, consistently document, and implement the curriculum in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy, established scope and sequence, and adopted resources.
- Develop and implement robust assessment practices; provide regular feedback to students.
- Use classroom and behavioral management strategies that are structured, consistent, respectful, and responsive to student needs to build a safe, orderly, and inclusive classroom community.
- Understand and model the school’s mission, vision, and values in relationships with students, colleagues, and families, including the school’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Engage in self-reflection and professional growth through participation in the Professional Growth Program including goal setting, professional development activities, and ongoing dialog with Lower School Head. Use Folio to document growth.
- Collaborate with Learning Specialist, School Counselor, and Lower School Head in providing students with academic and social support, and attend family/support meetings as needed.
- Participate in staff, lower school division, grade-level meetings, and other meetings as needed to accomplish the goals of the program.
- Uphold professional standards of punctuality, discretion, and professionalism.
- Facilitate and record notes for Fall and Spring parent conferences.
- Prepare trimester report cards and student portfolios.
- Coordinate grade level submissions to Acorn Stories.
- Coordinate student presentations and participation at assemblies.
- Communicate regularly with families (write posts to class websites and Family Tree articles).
- Supervise students during lunch and recess duties.
- Attend weekly library class with students to support them during whole-group and individual work time.
- Collaborate with the grade level team in planning and implementing New Student Orientation.
Additional School Wide Expectations:
- Support admissions work through tours and visitors, as well as participating in one of the two Open Houses.
- Lead a monthly meeting of a mixed age group of Live Oak students (Grove.)
- Participate in Lower School Back to School Night.
- Participate in Camp Live Oak.
- Attend the Corporation Meeting/Art Show.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com