Live Oak School
Supports the Director of Extended Care program
Responsibilities as a Assistant Director include, but are not limited to:
- Make a difference everyday!
- Assist the Director with the operation of the Extended Care program, ensuring that the program is operating in accordance with school and state licensing standards.
- Assist Director in staff hiring, training, development and evaluation of staff. Assist with regular staff meetings
- Coordinate services and activities with other departments as well as outside agencies; attend meetings with other community agencies and independent after school program directors; establishes and maintains lines of communication between families, instructors, students and classroom teaching staff
- Provide clear leadership to students; consistently and confidently draw the behavior for students in the program, enforce expectations accordingly.
- Work as a member of a team to design and implement age appropriate after school learning and enrichment activities.
- Plan and implement after school projects and activities under the three part component model; enrichment, recreation, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, math)
- Develop a clear understanding of program goals.
- Review lesson plans and course descriptions with Program Coordinator, Program Leaders, and/or classroom teacher for effective program implementation.
- Advise and assist students with various issues, ranging from enrichment to academic.
- Establish Extended Care expectation to guide planning and behavior management in creating a after school community.
- Implement discipline techniques in accordance with Live Oak School’s expectations.
- In the absence of the Program Director, the Assistant Director is next in line to advocate and represent Extended Care.
- Participate in school site staff meetings – twice monthly, and daily with the Director for on-going information regarding student progress, upcoming events, program planning, policies, and procedures.
- Attend Professional Development twice annually during academic school year.
- Develop strong working relationships with staff/school faculty and school administration, parents, students.
- Provide support in additional activities such as Holiday Care, and special events on an as needed basis.
- Working directly with the Director on Roots & Branches enrichment program will include:
- Class schedules
- Vendors and instructor schedules and communication
- Room Assignments
- Student Attendance
- Student behaviors
- Communication between parents and instructors
- Two years proven experience working with school age students (K-14 yrs)
- Two years program coordinating and management
- Understanding of youth development principles
- Able to work independently, take initiative, be flexible and adaptable to a variety of jobs
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in collaboration with others
- Tutoring experience a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org