The Bay School of SF
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, open dialogue, good humor and a commitment to equity and inclusion within Bay and beyond.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity expression, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflects the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation and student-centered education to apply.
IT Support Specialist:
The IT Support Specialist works closely with the Director of Information Technology to maintain the integrity of all computers, devices and associated software in support of all users. This person will research and assist with the implementation of innovated ways in which to improve technical productivity and support. The IT Support Specialist will be the primary contact for all users experiencing technical issues and as such will provide excellent customer service by effectively communicating with end users. In support of Bay’s mission, the IT Support Specialist will demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equity.
Help Desk System:
- Manages daily tickets, including setting prioritization and provides timely support
- Ensures all requests are logged into the system
- Maintains proper communication and support notes
- Troubleshoots all laptops and desktop hardware/software issues
- Coordinates and manages equipment repairs
- Assists with software image creation, deployment, and maintenance
Audio Visual Systems:
- Responsible for Morning Meeting A/V setup
- Provides support for all A/V connectivity issues
- Assists with A/V setups and provide support during special events and meetings. May require evening and weekend support
- Helps maintain accurate asset management
- Sets up new equipment, laptops, desktops and printers
- Assists with the creation of user’s network and email accounts
- Evaluates and tests software/hardware
- Monitors Wireless Network and Antivirus system
- Assists with management of IP phone system
- Co-Supervise MARMOT student leadership group
- Collaborates with all members of the community in a professional manner
- Possesses a basic understanding of Windows OS and Windows Server
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, related field or equivalent job experience
- 3+ years of Computer/ Help Desk support experience in an education environment not necessary but preferred
- G Suite for Education experience necessary
- Active Directory and Windows server experience
- Experience working in a LAN/WAN environment, and knowledge of basic TCP/IP services such as DNS and DHCP.
- A+, Network+, Microsoft or Apple Certifications not necessary but a plus
- Cisco/Meraki experience a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn new applications
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities with a high level of organizational skill
The school offers a salary commensurate with experience and a strong benefits package.
Please review our website (www.bayschoolsf.org) to familiarize yourself with our school. If interested in the position, please send all of the items below to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: IT Position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1) Cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as how you anticipate contributing to the school and to the technology team
3) Reference list with contact information; the list should include at least one peer, one supervisor and, if applicable, one supervisee
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com