Woodland School is seeking guest teachers for its K-8th grade campus. The guest teacher works under the direction of the Director of Teaching, Learning, and Professional Growth to teach in the absence of classroom teachers or specialists (science, music, art, design & tech, Spanish, or physical education). The successful guest teacher will be culturally competent and able to foster a safe, nurturing environment for children in the absence of the homeroom teacher or specialist.
Woodland School specializes in education that inspires students by nurturing each individual’s voice, intellect, and character. With rich content and an emphasis on inquiry-based and student-driven projects, students are empowered and encouraged to be active and engaged learners. Our students’ innate sense of wonder is the foundation of learning at Woodland School. Teachers craft meaningful, multisensory learning experiences which enable creativity, ingenuity, and deep interdisciplinary connections. Students explore and develop complex understandings that engender a sense of self and purpose in the world. Woodland School’s faculty create a school environment that is as supportive and nurturing as it is challenging, and they embody the core values of the school—stewardship, integrity, curiosity, resilience, equity, and respect.
Guest Teacher Position Specifics
- Instruct lessons, implement regular routines, and supervise all duties according to the classroom or specialist teacher’s plans.
- Establish and practice rules for behavior and routines for keeping up students’ focus and energy.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various and creative teaching methods.
- Provide support for students with learning differences via needed accommodations as outlined in lesson plans.
- Implement administrative policies and rules governing students.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement instruction.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Provide a written report at the end of the day to communicate with the teacher about the day’s events.
- Sign in and out with front office staff upon arrival and at any point of departure from campus.
We seek a dynamic teacher who inspires students and who works collaboratively and creatively with colleagues in various curricular areas and divisions. Candidates should be passionate about teaching and have a love for the students.
- BA or equivalent in education or related field
- Experience teaching elementary and/or middle school aged children
- Intercultural competency, ability to engage appropriately with a diverse community and to teach diverse groups of students effectively
- Digital literacy; intermediate Google Docs/Drive and other web-based applications, as appropriate to job duties, ability to adapt as digital tools evolve and change
- Ability to pass background checks and employee screenings
- Demonstrated professional behavior, including discretion, judgment and integrity.
- Effectively interacts with a diverse population of students and faculty.
- All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check, LiveScan fingerprinting and TB screening.
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent in education or related field
- Teaching credential
- Three-five years of classroom experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The position can be physically demanding. Reasonable accommodations may be made if requested in advance.
How to Apply
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for a minimum of three references (at least one recent supervisor is required).
Salary range: $58,000-$60,000
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Woodland School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin in the administration of its educational or admission policies, financial aid distribution, or other school programs. Woodland School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from candidates who reflect such diversity.
To apply for this job please visit woodland-school.hiringthing.com.