Windward School is a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles. Windward faculty and administrative leaders continually seek best practices and educational partnerships to help our students and faculty pursue their passions, engage in cutting edge work, and lead meaningful lives.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage each student to be responsible, caring, well, informed, ethical and prepared, thus promoting the fullest development of the individual.
Windward School is looking for a part-time (15-20 hours/week) Girls Volleyball Program Lead for the 2022-2023 school year. The Girls Volleyball Program Lead is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and promoting a comprehensive program that is designed to meet the needs and interests of the school community. This includes all aspects of the program, including the social-emotional development and academic support of scholar-athletes, clear and timely communication with community members. The Program Lead is also responsible for the administration and management of their vertically integrated program, including practice planning, player development, scheduling games, and oversight of all coaches and sports teams from middle through upper school.
- Adhere to the mission of the school.
- Model and teach the core values of Windward Athletics and the Windward Athletics Mission Statement
- Prioritize the safety of scholar-athletes at all times
- Communicate clearly, timely and appropriately with all community members
- Be prepared and professionally attired for all Windward-related activities.
- Actively support and assist the other coaches and programs of Windward Athletics
- Keep informed of, and ensure compliance with, all CIF Blue Book rules and regulations.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
- Complete Upper School program schedules for both Varsity and JV TEAMs.
- Distribute a digital copy of the Windward Athletics Handbook and any individual TEAM handbook to athletes and parents, setting out the philosophy and expectations of the program.
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for both individual and TEAM development
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate student’s athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Maintain a shared google calendar individually and programmatically.
- Hold parent meetings prior to the start of each season in collaboration with the Athletic Leadership TEAM.
- Secure Windward equipment and facilities at the end of practice/matches daily.
- Lead and supervise coaching staff throughout the program and perform season preview and review meetings in collaboration with the Athletic Leadership TEAM.
- Supervise and maintain appropriate student behavior during practices and contests, both on and off-campus, in accordance with Windward Student Guidelines and Expectations (see Windward School Handbook).
- Distribute uniforms and obtain student signatures for the items issued. Collect all uniforms and program equipment and return them to Windward in a timely manner upon completion of the season.
- Keep CIF Home Campus website updated with schedule, roster and contest results
Attend the following events: seasonal coaches meetings, parent athletic orientations, Windward Open Houses (as requested), All-League meetings, and other events as needed.
- Work with BSN TEAM Sports to make spirit packs available in a timely fashion for families to order. All purchases must be approved by the Director of Athletics or a member of the Athletic Leadership TEAM.
- Establish connections with outside constituencies to help identify and attract possible scholar-athletes, while following all relevant CIF guidelines.
- Complete an inventory of the program no later than two months prior to the season.
- Assess the need for any purchase of uniforms for the upcoming season at least two months prior to the start of the season, for both Upper School and Middle School.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in coaching middle school or high school athletes.
- Experience working in independent school communities preferred
- A demonstrable passion for working with young people.
- Adhere to the mission and values of the school.
- Willingness to contribute to school life outside of athletes
- A proven commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young peopleServe as an exemplary role model for the community at all times.
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for both individual and TEAM achievement.
- Maintain a google calendar individually and programmatically.
- A desire to participate in professional development opportunities related
- Evidence of significant recent professional development related to coaching
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community.
For more information about Windward School, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
To Apply: All interested candidates should send a resume and a letter of interest via the Application link.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.