Windward School, a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles, seeks an experienced educator to join our World Language Department. Windward faculty and administrative leaders continually seek best practices and educational partnerships to help our students and faculty pursue their passions, engage in cutting-edge work and lead meaningful lives.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents and administrators work as a team to encourage each student to be responsible, caring, well, informed, ethical and prepared, thus promoting the fullest development of the individual.
Our Peak Performance Center is one of the marquee destinations on campus, with highly anticipated goals of success. To ensure that these goals are met, the Director of the PPC must establish and implement a mindset that is vertically integrated from the middle school through the faculty/staff on campus. Inherent in the position is strict compliance to safety at all times.
Achieving excellence requires that the Director of the Peak Performance Center (strength and conditioning emphasis) work collaboratively within the Windward Community, communicating effectively with program leads, students, athletic medicine and parents. The position serves in a leadership role that is critical to supporting the daily functions of the Peak Performance Center, is closely linked to the performance of the Windward Athletic Department, and is linked to the health and physical well-being of the Windward Community.
The Director of the PPC serves as a collaborator with Athletic Medicine, Director of Health Services, and our Division Counselors to support our community.
The position reports to the Athletic Director.
● Establish a professional rapport with students, faculty and staff that earns their respect. Maintain visibility with students, faculty, staff, parents, and the community (including alumni).
● Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, school personnel and agencies associated with the school.
● Demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with all realms of the Windward Community.
● Attends all assigned meetings: full faculty, departmental training, athletic medicine, and professional meetings. Distributes all pertinent information to the appropriate stakeholders within 24 hours in written format.
● Meets regularly with Program Leads to design team programs that cover pre, in, and post season workouts.
● Meets regularly with the Athletic Medicine Team to design and implement preventative and rehabilitative workout programs to improve the health of our scholar-athletes and community members.
● Meet with faculty and staff within our community to design individual programs for them to increase their individual health.
● Takes inventory and maintains all equipment related to strength and conditioning in the Peak Performance Center. Notifies the Athletic Leadership Team with any and all replacement or repairs needed. Immediately removes or secures equipment that is faulty.
● Serves as a role model for students, demonstrates good sportsmanship, the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility and pride in the Windward Community.
● Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and utilizes them in everyday processes. This includes calendaring all daily activities and sharing them with the Athletic Department and Administration, returning voice mail messages in a timely manner, and attending all Athletic Department related meetings.
● Partners with the Athletic Leadership Team to design and implements the programs for each of the sports training classes offered during the school year.
● Teaches assigned Sports Training Classes.
● Responsible for the scheduling of workouts in the Peak Performance Center, both in the weight and cardio areas.
● Protects confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and uses discretion in sharing such information with legal confines.
● Continues to grow professionally through collaboration with colleagues and professional growth experiences.
● Baccalaureate degree (preferred) with administrative and coaching experience.
● Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certificate or National Strength and Conditioning Association – Personal Training certificate
● CPR, First Aid/AED Certification
● Working knowledge of common medical terminology.
● Working knowledge of a wide variety of fitness and strength equipment.
● Working knowledge of a wide variety of cardio, strength and overall fitness workouts, including but not limited to Olympic Lifts, Endurance, Strength, Balance and Flexibility.
● Working knowledge of league bylaws & rules, CIF regulations, and NCAA compliance issues relevant to high school athletes.
● Preferred – 5 years of direct experience in an independent school.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Superior organizational, time management and analytical skills.
● Problem solving, analysis and judgment skills.
● Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
● Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Windward School.
Salary Range: $85,000 – $100,000, depending on experience.
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
● Medical, dental, vision insurance
● Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
● Retirement Plan, including up to 6% employer match
● School-paid Life and Disability Insurance
● Flexible Spending Account Plans
● Annual $2,000 FlexCheck
● Annual $2,000 Lunch Allowance
● Access to Peak Performance Center to promote physical and mental health
● Wellness Initiatives
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Remission
● Nurturing, supportive and inclusive community
● And much more!
For more information about Windward School, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
To Apply: All interested candidates should submit a resume and a letter of interest via the Apply link.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.