Website Sacred Heart Schools
Job Location: Sacred Heart Schools Atherton – Atherton, CA
Position Type: Full Time 10 – Month Schedule of Duties
Salary Range: $27.00 – $29.00 Hourly
Job Category: Lower Elementary School (Kindergarten -5th Grades)
Position Purpose: This full-time, paid position is an exciting, invaluable opportunity to gain experience partnering with experienced lead teachers in Lower School (Kindergarten-5th grade) as a member of our Associate Teaching program. As teachers in training, Associate Teachers will observe and participate in all aspects of the classroom to gain essential experience. This will include planning, implementing, and assessing curriculum while supporting the academic, social, and emotional growth of students. Associate Teachers will take initiative to actively participate in our community and help grow our program.
The Associate Teacher will also participate in the greater community, by collaborating with other teachers on interdisciplinary projects, chaperoning field trips, contributing to parent-teacher conferences, and participating in faculty meetings and professional development. There may be additional paid opportunities for proctoring exams, coaching, or tutoring.
This two-year program provides Associate Teachers with hands-on teaching opportunities, mentorship from their lead teacher(s), and supportive coaching. Associate Teachers will have the unique opportunity to work with teachers in all domains across a departmentalized Lower School setting.
The school recognizes that the scope of an Associate Teacher’s work will depend in part on that Associate’s particular schedule and grade, as well as the particular teacher training program expectations, if applicable. Sacred Heart is committed to supporting Associate Teachers who are in Masters or credential programs. Following two years in the program, Associate Teachers can apply for a third year by meeting the eligibility requirements listed in the Year 3 Application provided by the Director of New Faculty.
Essential Functions but not limited to:
- Collaborative curriculum planning
- Preparing classroom materials
- Leading group activities and lessons
- Supporting curricular and student assessment
- Helping maintain a clean, organized learning environment
- Communicating regularly with the lead teacher
- Modeling patience, flexibility, kindness, responsibility, a sense of humor, and a respect for others
- Participating in formal communication with parents, such as parent conferences, report writing, and Back-to-School Night
- Contributing to the school community in faculty meetings, professional development, and events
- Supervising duties such as recess and carline
- Ability to lead virtual instruction, if needed
Qualifications Required but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in education or education-related field, Masters preferred
- Experience working with lower school-age children in some capacity (teaching, tutoring, coaching, camps)
- An appreciation and desire to work with all types of learners
- Enthusiasm for pursuing a teaching career
- Proficient in the use of technology including Google Suite, Zoom, Seesaw
- Interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and professionalism to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Initiative and openness to receiving and giving feedback
- Interest and flexibility in helping shape a pilot program
- A sense of humor!
- Commitment to equity and inclusion (see https://bbk12e1cdn.myschoolcdn.com/ftpimages/783/misc/misc_133701.pdf)
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Regularly sit, talk, hear, and visually intercept visitors. Regularly uses close and distance vision.
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Must comply with all state vaccination requirements and show proof of vaccination including but not limited to COVID-19 or proof of eligibility for exemption.
- Be able to occasionally lift to 30 lbs.
- Works at desk and computer screen for extended periods
- Turns, bends, reaches
- Works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment
- Multi-tasking in a highly interjected area
SHS offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan, and more.
Please apply via email by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org You MUST indicate Lower School Associate Teacher 2022-23 in the subject line of the email. Please do not contact the Schools by phone or by unscheduled visit.
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a preemployment background screening is required for all positions.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.