Marin Country Day School
Upper School Math Teacher and Advisor (Full Time)
Reports to Upper School Division Head
Marin Country Day School seeks a gifted educator who is passionate about teaching mathematics to middle school students using a rich and rigorous curriculum. We seek an educator with a demonstrated background and or interest in cultural competency, curriculum development, technology integration and environmental sustainability. Also, we seek an educator with the belief in teaching with the interests of the whole child in mind. Our approach and philosophy center around collaboration, thoughtful innovation, team building and leveraging diverse and multiple perspectives.
About Marin Country Day School
MCDS School is an independent, K-8, co-educational day school enrolling approximately 590 students from across the Bay area, drawing equally from San Francisco and Marin.
Our mission at MCDS is to create an inclusive community of learning that inspires curiosity, empathy, and action.
We actively seek diversity in our administration, faculty and student body. As a school, we affirm that human diversity includes, but is not limited to: age, family structure, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, and learning style. As our Statement of Community and Inclusion indicates, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion.”
At MCDS, every employee is integral in creating a learning community in which all seek to improve as practitioners, learners and team members, and we support our outstanding faculty and professional staff through our strong professional development program.
- Plans and teaches mathematics classes to middle school students
- Collaborates with department members to develop and refine curriculum and assessments
- Works with teachers from other disciplines
- Works with individuals and groups of students during tutorial periods
- Creates a supportive and inclusive classroom environment that honors and nurtures each child’s individual identity
- Develops warm and respectful relationships with students
- Identifies and responds to individual students’ learning differences and creates enrichment opportunities
- Collaborates with Student Support Services to meet the needs of individual learners
- Communicates with parents and outside professionals regarding individual students as needed
- Participates in regular team and/or department meetings and weekly faculty meetings
- Attends Back to School Nights
- Participates in student admission process
- Supervises students at recess, carpool, etc.
- Chaperones grade level or Division events such as dances, social events and outdoor education trips
- Participates in assemblies and other special events
- Serves on committees as needed
- Serves as liaison between school and family for advisees
- Creates a warm and nurturing “homeroom” environment for daily attendance, announcements, and check-ins for an advisory group of approximately 10 students
- Conducts student-led parent conferences twice per year
- Designs and implements advisory curriculum once a week
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters and credential preferred
- Relevant teaching experience
- Commitment to professional growth, reflective practice, and growth mindset
- Strong ability to work collaboratively
- Robust professional development program
- Faculty and Staff of Color Affinity Group called Fusion
- Active SEED (Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity) group
- Ability to design innovative curriculum in collaboration with colleagues
- Strong and supportive professional community with a growth mindset
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of
diversity throughout the school community. Compensation is competitive.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and statement of philosophy to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org