Website Town School for Boys
Town School for Boys, a K-8 Independent Day School located in San Francisco, is seeking applicants for the After School Program Teacher position for the 2021 – 2022 school year starting immediately.
The After School Program Teacher will assist in the administration and supervision of the Extended Day Programs in accordance with school policies and program guidelines. The ideal candidate has the flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands, dedication to youth development, an openness to feedback, and a desire to grow professionally.
This position is full-time approximately 40 hours a week, competitive pay. Hours are Monday – Friday 10:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
The Extended Day Program (EDP) is a safe, fun, and inclusive play space after school for our K-8th grade students. A blend of structured and self-directed activities allow students to interact with peers within and across grade levels, socioeconomic backgrounds, and culture. A heavy focus is placed on developing the social-emotional skills in our students while supporting their character development, both valuable characteristics for the 21st century.
Students are encouraged to be creative and innovative during self-directed play while providing the opportunity to engage in structured play if desired. Structured activities include but are not limited to sporting games, arts and crafts, cooking projects, engineering projects, and science experiments led by EDP Teachers. The Extended Day Program strives to support the school day program in fostering a love of learning by exposing students to many areas of study.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Document and enter medical incidents in the school’s health portal and medical log
- Attend team trainings and meetings as required, occasionally take notes to contribute to the team meeting notes log
- Sign-in/out students through our web-based childcare software management system
- Implement in-person extended day program curriculum designed by the Program Director and Associate Director
- Implement innovative approaches to instruction and care (including COVID-19 cleaning protocols) as directed by the Program Director
- Execute and provide feedback to logistical plan for in-person program operations in compliance with SFDPH (San Francisco Department of Public Health) guidelines in response to COVID-19
- Maintain the classroom bulletin boards/walls and display student artwork/projects
Student Supervision and Engagement
- Responsible for student tracking
- Provide student supervision at all times and support EDP Team members as needed
- Actively engage with students during in-person program hours, such as assist students with homework help, supervise playtime, lead enrichment activities, and support individual student creative projects
- Support the emotional needs of students by actively engaging with students through age-appropriate conversations
- Communicate and follow-up with parents/guardians about EDP student behavior and injuries, keeping the Program Director apprised of incidents and issues
- Intervene to assist students with conflict resolution during times of strife between students
Desired Qualifications and Skills Include:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, be able to pass a criminal background check, and provide a TB Risk Assessment Questionnaire completed by a licensed health care provider
- All adult employees of Town School are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- 1-year of experience working with school-aged children
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a similar field preferred
- Enjoys working with and has knowledge of basic needs and characteristics of students K-8
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively on a high-functioning team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately, capable of analyzing situations carefully and adopting an effective course of action
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit town-school-for-boys.hiringthing.com.