The Bay School of SF
Status: Full time, Non-Exempt, Full Year
Reports to: Director of Admissions and Flexible Tuition
Close working relationships: Assistant Director of Admissions, Marketing & Communications Office
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college-preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, open dialogue, and good humor as well as a commitment to equity and inclusion within Bay and beyond. Bay students have been described as engaged and thoughtful self-advocates who value community and courage. Please visit our precepts and academics pages to learn more about our school.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a staffulty and student body that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation, and student-centered education to apply. We encourage BIPOC candidates to apply.
As of this posting, The Bay School is conducting school in-person. All Bay School employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine prior to starting work unless exempted from immunization in accordance with law and provide documentation confirming such immunization and/or exemption.
Bay does not sponsor work visas.
Position Description: The Admission Associate is responsible for organizing and managing the work processes of the admissions operations in support of the enrollment goals. The Admission Associate is the primary person responsible for processing and maintaining the data integrity of applicant records, tracking the details of calendaring, and major event planning. The Admission Associate must possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills and demonstrate cultural competence as they serve as the first point of contact for all prospective families. The Admission Associate is integral to the office’s success and is a proactive member of the admission team who continually seeks opportunities for process improvements in service to students.
- The Admission Associate configures elements of the Ravenna platform for the use of event registration, inquiry records, and applicant files. This includes ensuring data integrity across the system in all inquiry and applicant records. The Admission Associate is (or will become) the resident Ravenna expert.
- Monitor and process inquiry and application materials. Prepare applicant files for readers.
- The Admission Associate is well-versed in using Google Suite to create and maintain effective administrative workflow/processes that support the organization and efficiency of the office.
- Organize admission office mailings and electronic correspondence; including but not limited to inquiry packets and admission decisions; conduct extensive mail merges
- Provide exceptional customer service to prospective and current Bay students and families by responding promptly to all calls and emails with warmth and a high degree of professionalism
- Maintain the office calendar, manage logistics for all admissions events, including event organization and setup, online registration and pre-communication, check-in on the day of events, and follow-up communication with families.
- Maintain internal database of outreach and recruitment efforts and contact information.
- Develop deep knowledge of the mission and academic and co-curricular programs of Bay
- Serve as a “brand ambassador” for the school; communicating the unique value proposition and distinctive qualities/characteristics of the school to prospective students and families while touring families around campus
- Guide and support prospective students and families throughout the admission process, including providing consistent follow-up with families/schools regarding missing application items or other pertinent information
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with team members, staff and faculty, volunteers, access organizations, and middle school officials
- Understand issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion within an independent school context and work to advance DEI within the admissions and enrollment process
- Assist in the supervision of student volunteers as tour guides and ambassadors.
- Support schoolwide activities such as flex, class coverage, field trips, and Immersives
Assist in the daily operations of the student visit program
Qualification and Experience:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- A valid and clean California driver’s license and the ability to drive self and/or students to school visits and functions away from campus
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and databases
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and attention to detail in both numbers and text
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Solution-, improvement- and customer-service orientation
- Enthusiasm for schools and for working with teens
- Ability to balance collaboration with autonomy
- Ability to provide and incorporate constructive feedback
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong team-oriented work ethic, abundant energy, sense of humor, optimism, and the ability to stay calm and focused in a busy work environment
- Resonance with Bay’s mission
- The ability to speak Spanish is desirable
- Experience with using the Ravenna platform, in particular, is desirable
- Experience working at an independent school or K-12/college admission office is desirable
The school offers a salary commensurate with experience and a strong benefits package.
Please review our website (www.bayschoolsf.org) to familiarize yourself with our school and community. If interested in the position, please send all of the items below to email@example.com,
subject line: Admission Assoc.
1) A cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as how you anticipate contributing to The Bay School
3) List of references, including email and telephone contact information.
Position open until filled.