Live Oak School
The School Receptionist and Registrar is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Administration. This person should be warm, friendly, professional and approachable. They should also be excellent at multitasking and work well in a busy school environment. They should have strong communication and organizational skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft office, and Google docs. At least 2-3 years experience in school administrative support is preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience. Preferred start date: February 1, 2020.
- Supervision of school entry and exit.
- Greeting of visitors with a warm and welcoming attitude and in keeping with the Live Oak’s value of inclusivity.
- First point of contact and information for guests, vendors, parents, community members, with the ability to direct them to relevant staff and work to respond to any immediate issues or questions.
- Phone Systems- answering and management of calls of 6 line phone system, receiving up to 100 phone calls a day, assessment and directing of calls to proper internal staff members.
- Update and manage school databases including student information systems and personnel records.
- Track and report on student authorizations for pick-up and off-campus privileges.
- Support for use of office equipment, files, and databases.
- Managing petty cash accounts including vendor payments.
- Set up systems and calendars for parent conferences.
- Keep inventory and ordering of office, medical, and general school supplies.
- General assistance to Director of Administration: including but is not limited to electronic and paper mailings, event and catering set-up, cafeteria set-up.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Welcome and direct substitute teachers to their daily duties.
- Collect and report student and staff attendance.
- Assist in procuring proper paperwork and sending of proper information to students’ transition schools.
- Assisting all- school mailings re students academic performance.
- Updating student and staff information in Sandbox.
- Printing, mailing and filing student files and transcripts.
- Assessment of student illness/ injury and treatment.
- Act as the school nurse: provide first aid.
- Communication with parents re-student illness or injury.
- Management and distribution of all emergency and medical information re students, faculty, staff.
- Updating, tracking and storing of all necessary individual student medication, medical supplies and relevant information. Develop knowledge of individual student illness and health concerns.
- Lead school medical policies and procedures and ensure proper protocols are followed by faculty, staff, and substitutes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org