Saint Andrew's Episcopal School
Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School announces a search for a First Grade Elementary Teacher, beginning this fall. This person will join a community of dedicated and compassionate adults – faculty and parents alike – who are committed to the school’s mission to develop “as fully as possible the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social capacities of each student.”
The teacher is responsible for instruction in language arts, math and social studies. The teacher facilitates hands-on projects, promotes collaboration among students, and prompts students to reflect on their classroom work. Furthermore, the teacher is attuned to the specific learning needs and social and emotional development of each student. As the central figure in the network of adults supporting each child, the teacher maintains ongoing communications, formal and informal, with parents, specialists, and administrators. The teacher is also responsible for:
- Teaching an intentional social learning curriculum.
- Establishing a classroom environment with clear and consistent routines and expectations to promote student autonomy and engagement.
- Ensuring the safety of each student by supervising arrival, dismissal, recess, lunch, and transitions between classrooms.
- Creating differentiated learning experiences aligned with formative assessments.
- Contributing to interdisciplinary curriculum design and student support strategies with the grade level team and specialists
- Embracing the use of instructional technology
The successful candidate must love working with elementary aged students, possess a nurturing teaching style, and interact well with parents in a supportive manner. Preferred qualifications include specific experience teaching at the grade level, a Multiple Subject Credential, and/or a Masters degree in education or related field. Ideal candidates are dynamic, highly collaborative and committed to professional growth. A demonstrated understanding in Responsive Classroom, Character Counts!, integrated language arts, math and social studies curriculum would allow a strong candidate to implement smoothly to the hallmarks of the Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School’s program.
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com