Website Santa Catalina School
Assistant Director of Admission for Upper School
Santa Catalina School is a vibrant, independent, Catholic school offering student-centered co-education to PreK through grade 8 and an all-girls’ boarding and day college preparatory upper school serving grades 9 through 12. Santa Catalina exists to develop in each student a striving for excellence, a maturing awareness of moral and spiritual values, a sense of responsible purpose, and a determination to serve the world with courage, grace, and compassion. With the cornerstones of excellence, spirituality, service, and responsibility, the school is committed to providing a supportive learning community for each student to grow in their intellectual, personal, and spiritual life, making Santa Catalina a transformational educational experience for its students.
Santa Catalina School, a nationally recognized PreK-12 independent, Catholic school in Monterey, California, seeks an experienced and thoughtful professional to serve as Assistant Director of Admission for Upper School. This position provides an exceptional opportunity to partner with the admission professionals on campus to provide consistent excellence as it relates to recruiting and admission of students into the Upper School. This role will join an experienced team of professionals to support the school’s needs as they relate to Upper School enrollment. This position supports the school, its mission and values, and its leadership.
The full-time Assistant Director of Admission is responsible for executing the strategic student recruitment plan, developed by the Admissions team, for the all-girls boarding and day Upper School. Reporting to the Upper School Director of Admission, the Assistant Director of Admission will be an enthusiastic, experienced team player who is passionate about education, especially an all-girls experience. This role partners closely with the Admissions team and other Upper School colleagues to understand the current student experience with the goal of sharing the stories throughout the admission process. This position has an active presence on campus and may be a member of the Upper School Resident Faculty, depending on various factors. Ideal candidates will demonstrate past results in admissions work through initiative and creativity.
Santa Catalina School believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to its success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
● Represent Santa Catalina’s values, culture, and programs to prospective high school students and families
● Develop personal and positive relationships with prospective students and families and facilitate the admission application process from initial inquiry through to enrollment
● Manage a defined territory and recruit mission-appropriate students by visiting schools; attending education fairs; developing relationships with educational consultants and school administrators in territory; and following up with leads in a timely manner via email and phone
● Enter all notes, contacts, and communication regarding prospective students and families, and recruitment travel details (as applicable) into the database in a timely manner
● Assist with the planning of and participation in campus visits, regional receptions, and virtual events
● Follow protocols as it relates to office and database management; marketing and communications flow; and maintenance of the travel and admission calendars
● Participate collaboratively as a member of the admission team to review applicant files and recommend admission decisions
● Dependent upon housing availability and applicant’s experience, live on campus as a member of the resident faculty
● Other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree
● Demonstrated success working in similar field for 1-3 years
● A commitment to the mission and identity of Santa Catalina School
● Expertise in admissions information management system (Veracross) preferred
● A desire to participate fully in the Santa Catalina community
● Successful completion of a LiveScan criminal background check as required by law
● Understanding of admission cycle and general responsibilities throughout independent school admission season
● Proficient in Google Workspace, Word, Excel, Zoom, and database operations
● Excellent writing, communication, and public speaking skills
● Approachable and welcoming demeanor
● Cultural competence and enthusiasm for working with a diverse and dynamic community
● Strong interpersonal skills, including good listening, humor, tact, and intuition
● Ability to create responsive, caring, and appropriate relationships with students, families, and colleagues
● Strong organizational and record-keeping skills and digital literacy
● Ability to assess and respond to the needs of the school and act as a representative of the school
● Commitment to professional growth and education
● Ability to function well under stress and to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
● A sense of humor, humility, and the ability to develop and relate to students
● This position does not supervise other employees.
Working Conditions and Compensation
● Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time each day
● Ability to access buildings and facilities throughout a 36-acre campus, with reasonable accommodations, in order to provide tours for prospective families and meet with colleagues and students
● Work in a school environment with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and people
● Additional time is required beyond a normal day or week for evening and weekend meetings
● Santa Catalina School offers competitive insurance and retirement benefits
● Salary Range: $50,000 to $75,000 annually, depending on experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Santa Catalina School is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment at Santa Catalina School is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, marital status, or any other category protected by the law.
Interested candidates should visit our website to complete and submit an application, resume, and cover letter:
Electronic submission of candidate papers in .pdf format is preferred.
Santa Catalina provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities. Applicants who need accommodations to participate in the application process should contact Maria Chavez at email@example.com.