Website San Francisco University High School
At San Francisco University High School, we believe that the deepest learning requires collaboration among people who embody a diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. In order to build and sustain a community that is comprised of a wide range of social and cultural identities, we must continually engage in furthering our self-knowledge, equity literacy, and ability to communicate effectively across differences. We challenge ourselves to do this work on both a personal and an institutional level, recognizing that our community is part of a larger and more complex world.
The Accounts Payable Associate will have strong analytical, technological, communication and organizational skills. Under the general supervision of the Controller, this position is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Business Services Office, particularly in the areas cash disbursements, company credit card reconciliation, processing of journal entries, audit work paper preparation, and other related accounting operation activities. Responsibilities focus on ensuring that the school’s financial obligations are met efficiently. The Associate will also take on various projects to improve systems and processes, as well as providing administrative support to the CFOO and Controller.
Please note, this position is exempt, with a hybrid schedule of 60% on-site and 40% remote.
- Invoice Processing:
- Receive and review invoices from vendors and suppliers.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of each invoice.
- Code invoices with the appropriate account codes.
- Payment Processing:
- Prepare and process payment requests for approved invoices.
- Ensure payments are made on time while taking advantage of any available discounts.
- Issue checks, initiate electronic transfers, or process online payments as necessary.
- Vendor Management:
- Maintain vendor records, including contact information and payment terms.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with vendors.
- Reconcile monthly statements from vendors to ensure all invoices have been accounted for and paid.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reconciliations of general ledger accounts including Account Payable, Prepaids, Fixed Asset Register, and other accounts as needed to ensure all expenses are accounted for and accurately reflected.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies or outstanding balances.
- Record Keeping:
- Maintain an organized and accurate filing system for invoices, receipts, and payment records.
- Assist with the retention and disposal of financial documents in accordance with school policies and regulatory requirements.
- Data Entry:
- Accurately enter financial data into the school’s accounting software or spreadsheets.
- Keep financial records up to date and maintain the integrity of the financial database.
- Generate reports on accounts payable activities and outstanding obligations as needed.
- Provide financial data to assist in budgeting and financial analysis.
- Assist with annual audit and tax preparation processes.
- Provide support for ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed.
- Work with team members and other departments to ensure activities are recorded each month, accurately and are consistent with UHS policies.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in accounting standards and tax laws that may impact accounts payable processes.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, parents, donors, faculty, and staff, addressing inquiries and concerns relative to the business service office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An associate degree or higher in accounting or finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in accounts payable or a related financial role.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as experience in Financial Edge (Blackbaud)
- Familiarity with accounting software and proficiency in data entry.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for vendor interactions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial regulations.
Pay: $65,000 – $75,000 a year DOE