Website San Francisco Schoolhouse
Powered by Simplicity
Middle School Spanish/Flex Teacher
The San Francisco Schoolhouse is conducting a search for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and collaborative art teacher to join our growing school community.
Do you have the leadership skills to work with students who love to learn, and who have a high sense of social responsibility?
The Schoolhouse is a growing, independent, K-8 school located in the Hayes Valley District of San Francisco. The School’s intentionally small size, experienced and passionate teachers, experiential curriculum, and active parent participation model provide a unique opportunity for families seeking a community-minded progressive education that challenges and supports their child. Founded in 2011 by a small and dedicated group of teachers and parents and two students, the Schoolhouse now enrolls over 100 students.
Teachers at the Schoolhouse lead mixed-grade classes. Currently the school is configured with a mixed Kindergarten/1st grade class, a mixed 2nd/3rd grade class, a mixed 4th/5th grade class, and three classes that mix students in 6th, 7th and 8th grade. K-5 averages 12 students per grade. As we grow, middle school will average 18 students per grade.
Middle School Spanish Teacher/Flex Teacher
The position is 20-30 hours/week and reports to the Head of School and/or Associate Head of School. A potential for additional hours might be possible for the right candidate. This additional opportunity would include playground and/or after school supervision. If interested, please mention this in your cover letter.
Responsibilities May Include
- Develop and implement a creative, inspiring, and mission aligned curriculum based on state standards in Spanish education for grades 6-8
- Teach 2 to 3 levels of Spanish from beginning to advanced level
- Integrate Duolingo with language learning
- Manage and organize all materials required for the program
- Develop projects like writing a play or creating a presentation
- Collaborate with colleagues on all school endeavors
- Incorporate social emotional learning and diversity equity and inclusion
- Uphold COVID safety measures as articulated in the Schoolhouse Family COVID Handbook
- Supervise students on playground or at park when it fits into the teacher’s schedule
- Plan adventure days (field trips) that promote integrated understanding of Spanish
- Experience working with elementary and middle school age children
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to supervise students and interact collaboratively with parents, teachers, and school administrators
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Preferred, an individual seeking a career in education
The San Francisco Schoolhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualiﬁed individuals regardless of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com. Be sure to mention any specific training in physical education, language arts, math, technology or any other subject in your cover letter. Salary ranges from $20-36/hour. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org