Website Sacred Heart Schools
Middle School Religion Teacher
Position Type: Full Time 10 – Month Schedule of Duties
Salary Range: $81,822.00 – $159,751.00 Salary/year
Job Category: Middle School (6th – 8th Grades)
Position Purpose: The religious studies teacher is responsible for all aspects of creating a dynamic learning environment for students and will also serve as a middle school advisor.
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver a religious studies curriculum guided by the department’s mission/value statement
- Create and deliver high-quality middle school religious studies units that include robust daily lessons while addressing the varied learning needs of individual students.
- Utilize varied methods and approaches to material, integrating technology, assessments, projects, etc., to encourage and create engaged learning in the classroom.
- Respond to evaluations and feedback professionally and constructively; demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.
- Provide frequent, meaningful feedback to students, both formative and summative, including report cards and individualized comments.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with parents.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve teaching and learning.
- Serve as a middle school advisor.
- Perform other duties (recess, dismissal, etc.) as directed.
- A minimum of three years teaching religious studies; familiar with the Principles of Catholic Social Teaching
- Master’s degree (strongly preferred) or BA and post graduate work in religious studies or theology
- Enjoy working with children and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria
- Commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Willingness and availability to work occasional overnight trips.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Ability to travel safely and comfortably across a 64 acre campus.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled classroom environment and work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.