Website Presidio Hill School
Presidio Hill School
San Francisco, CA
Job Title: Systems and Database Administrator
Status: Full-Time, non-exempt, 12-month
Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations
Start Date: Winter 2022
Presidio Hill School is an independent, progressive school located in the Presidio Heights neighborhood of San Francisco and serves a diverse population of approximately 220 students in transitional kindergarten to 8th grade, with a faculty and staff of approximately 55 people. Established in 1918 by artist-educator-activists Helen Salz and Flora Arnstein, Presidio Hill School is the oldest continuously operating progressive school in California, with a mission and history connected to social justice. Our vibrant, diverse, and supportive community continues to emphasize community and justice and encourages students to develop self-awareness, personal character, resilience, and an understanding of their role as stewards of the planet and citizens of the world.
Presidio Hill offers its students a challenging, project-based curriculum that attends to their intellectual and social-emotional needs and prepares them to be agents of positive social change. Learning at PHS is collaborative and active. We place great value on the arts as both an academic discipline and an essential element of a meaningful life. Situated on the edge of the Presidio, our school takes full and frequent advantage of the park’s 1,500 acres; whether they are studying science, art, social studies, or literature, the Presidio is a rich and vital “classroom” to our students.
Presidio Hill School strives to maintain a faculty and staff that reflects the broad range of diversity in the San Francisco Bay Area. Invested in the growth, happiness, and preparation of our teachers, we provide generous support for their professional development.
Presidio Hill School is looking for a personable, organized, flexible and detail-oriented technology professional to provide technical support to our entire community. This is a unique position for a hands-on person who enjoys being actively involved in the daily life of a vibrant progressive school. The ideal candidate will possess an established skill set of tech support skills, a welcoming presence, and will work well with a wide range of constituents: students, teachers, staff, administrators, and visitors to the school. As a member of the extended administrative team, the Systems and Database Administrator will be integrally involved in ensuring the smooth functioning of our tech program and services. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, and it may require lifting items of up to 20 pounds occasionally.
Front Line Support
The Systems and Database Administrator will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all tech hardware and software is procured/available, updated and running smoothly
- Managing inventory and upkeep of all tech devices, including both Mobile Device Management and asset management
- Setting up and maintaining user accounts and profiles, email groups, etc.
- Training faculty, staff, students and parents on device use and policies
- Providing user support on:
- Printers and Copiers
- Projectors/audio-visual equipment in classrooms and for all-school meetings
- Wifi Connectivity/Internet Access
- Google Classroom
- Google Sites
- Providing access and training for new teachers on inRESONANCE
- Assist with teachers’ report writing in inRESONANCE
- Finalizing and publishing teacher reports twice annually
- Microsoft Office
- Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT and Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Phone System (Zoom Phone)
- Other technical support as needs arise
- Coordinating with Knowing Technologies to provide in-person user support in response to various tech requests
- Collaborating with the EdTech Specialist regarding the maintenance of school subscriptions and accounts
- Collaborating with Director of Marketing and Communications regarding website management
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, including direct interaction with students (recess duties, etc.), staff and committee meetings, etc.
General Professional Responsibilities
Presidio Hill School is committed to hiring and retaining employees who are committed to the mission of the school and the professional expectations that stem from that mission: that commitment should be visible through all the employee’s interactions with children, colleagues, supervisors, families, and community members. PHS employees are expected to be knowledgeable, prepared, and responsive, to strive for high standards of professional integrity and proficiency, to maintain positive and respectful communications and interactions with all members of the PHS community, and to ensure the health, safety, and well being of PHS students at all times. Employees should be strongly motivated to continually strive for best practices and to seek out appropriate professional development opportunities; PHS provides generous support for professional development. All PHS employees are expected to read and follow the policies and procedures as described in the Faculty/Staff Guidebook and the PHS Employee Handbook.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Patience, humor, and solid people skills are a must
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills enabling effective communication across many constituent groups (faculty, administrators, students, parents, etc.)
- In-depth Mac OS and application troubleshooting, Microsoft desktop troubleshooting, and networking
- Ideal candidates will have experience with one or several of the following:
- Google Admin Console and Google Workspace
- Windows Server (2008-2016)
- VMWare ESXi virtualization platform
- Meraki Dashboard network monitoring and configuration
- OS’s: Mac OS, Windows 7 & 10, ChromeOS
- Hardware: Apple MacBooks, Apple iPads, Dell PCs, Dell, Lenovo Chromebooks
- Networking: VLANs, Active Directory, Open Directory, DHCP, DNS, 802.11x
- WordPress Multi-Site server
And the following additional skills/technologies are highly desirable:
- Zoom Phone
- FileMaker Server
- InResonance school database system (Filemaker)
- Blackbaud FE and RE administration (Blackbaud Management Console)
- Google Drive for desktop
- FinalSite website CMS
- Mosyle device manager
- Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- GeoVision surveillance camera software
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, contact information for two to three references, and/or letters of reference via email (with Systems and Database Administrator in the subject line) to Tony Morgan (Director of Finance and Operations): firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2022.
To learn more about PHS, please visit our website.