Presentation High School
Job Classification: Staff
Position Title: Advancement Assistant
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Pay Rate: $28.85/hr to $31.25/hr
About Presentation High School:
Presentation High School is an independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a close-knit professional community. We seek talented and innovative professionals who have a commitment to excellence and passion for our mission.
The Advancement Assistant works with the Chief Advancement Officer in managing the daily affairs of the CAO with regard to the Development & Engagement Team (D&E) within the Advancement Department including calendars, written correspondence, expense reports, e-mail, files and other duties as assigned. This individual will be responsible for correspondence with donors and vendors that is accurate, courteous and efficiently managed. Additionally, the assistant will be responsible for helping the CAO with financial data reporting to the Board of Directors and Advancement committee and assisting with departmental activities in donor stewardship.
Duties and Specific Responsibilities
Provides administrative support to the CAO and as needed, administrative support to the D&E team. Financial department reporting to the Business Office, Advancement committee and Annual Report.
Serves as the Advancement Committee liaison responsible for preparation of the meeting deck by collecting from and disseminating information to Committee members; Records meeting minutes.
Provides support for the CAO, Advancement team as necessary and performs other duties as assigned. This includes event support as needed: providing support before, during and after specified school events. (Summer Socials, Fall Event, Fall Coffee Chats, Mother/Daughter Brunch & Mass, etc.)
Assists in the implementation of donor stewardship activities (email, phone and print outreach, meetings, etc.) in coordination with the Development Services Manager and the Community Relations Manager
Leads efforts and coordinates partners and resources for Christmas card mailing
Assists Community Relations Manager with volunteer security clearance process and management of the information related to.
Education & Experience
● Two years of college
● 1-3 years as an administrative assistant, preferably in a development/non-profit organization or school setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Experience with Asana or other organizational tools is a plus.
● Proficiency in Google Suite (docs, spreadsheets).
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Competent in math computations and analytical skills.
● Proven organizational skills.
● Maintains painstaking attention to detail, completing multiple or repetitive tasks.
● Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
● A self-starter who is driven to learn and constantly seeking ways to improve professional skills, modernize internal systems and implement best practices.
● A team-player who is willing to collaborate and support colleagues when needed.
● Ability to work with enthusiasm and pride as a member of the department staff.
● Ability and confidence to represent Pres as a face and voice of the organization, e.g. Hospitality
● Acts a role model to students and peers always-imparting good citizenship, kindness, friendliness and helpfulness. Showing respect and service orientation towards all members of the immediate and extended communities.
The physical demands described below represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, Presentation High School provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets the skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The Advancement Assistant must be able to:
● Must be able to operate a keyboard and mouse.
● Must be able to use a telephone head or handset.
● Work requires visual acuity.
● Must be able to focus on highly detailed tasks for long periods of time.
● Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
● Must be able to lift 25 lbs in confined spaces.
● Indoor office environment..
● Some time spent outdoors on campus or off-site in event preparation.
Presentation High School is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected category in accordance with applicable law. The school will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Interested applicants are asked to download the appropriate application at Presentation Employment Opportunities. Complete the application and email your application, a letter of interest/cover letter, resume, and contact list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding the next step
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com