Saint Andrew's Episcopal School
Saint Andrew’s Episcopal School is seeking a part-time music teacher, beginning in August 2020. This person will join a community of dedicated and compassionate adults, faculty and parents alike who are committed to the wholehearted approach to education and the school’s mission to develop “as fully as possible the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social capacities of each student.”
The music teacher is responsible for teaching music classes to the Lower School students Pre-K—5th grades. This position includes vocal training, and general musical knowledge, movement, theory and composition. The music teacher may be responsible for creating and guiding musical performances as part of the curriculum as well as leading a choir group and working with the Middle School choir for Chapel Services.
A successful candidate must enjoy working with children ages 4 through 11 years old, possess a nurturing way of sharing a love of music and successfully instruct music classes for Pre-K – 5th grades. This position requires an undergraduate degree and/or strong background experience teaching music and managing a classroom.
The Ideal Candidate possesses:
- Competency both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Choral teaching ability
- Ability to teach musical instruments or willing to be trained with Orff Schulwerk philosophy.
- Enthusiasm, patience, flexibility and good communication skills.
- The ability to establish an environment with clear and consistent routines and expectations to promote student engagement.
- Motivation to collaborate and work with a team
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read Music Teacher. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com