Website Marin Horizon School
Marin Horizon School (Mill Valley, CA) is a progressive, toddler – 8th grade school of about 300 students. The inquiry-based curriculum focuses heavily on hands-on, collaborative learning in order to develop students’ academic and social-emotional skills. The school views character education and self-advocacy as integral to growth in and out of the classroom and acknowledges diversity, equity, and inclusion as necessary elements of a strong community.
The assistant teacher should be able to support the head teacher in the classroom with curriculum content, classroom management and organizational skills. In addition to experience working in early childhood education programs, the ideal candidate has completed 12 early childhood education credits or is working toward completion.
Curriculum, Materials, and Classroom Management
- Plans with and assists the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance for activities
- Shares in the development and implementation of written lesson plans with the teacher
- Becomes familiar with the teacher’s written lesson plans, the daily schedule, methods for recording attendance, and all other daily duties of the teacher
- Assists the teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment and in assuring the well-being and safety of the children in his/her care
- Maintains a cooperative attitude of working together with the teacher, volunteers, parents, and program specialists in planning and implementing activities
- Assists teacher to implement the developmental assessment for each child to determine the child’s strengths and areas in which each child may need help
- Assists the teacher in entering accurate attendance records into PCR daily
- Assumes the teacher’s role in leading selected activities during designated parts of the class-day on a periodic basis for training purposes
- Assumes the teacher’s full role in the absence of the teacher and supervises the trained volunteer/substitute who will act as the teacher assistant during that period
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a classroom
- An Associate degree in Elementary education or related field
- Montessori training is not required but it is a plus
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and creative assistant teacher
9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org