Website Live Oak School
Live Oak School supports the potential and promise of each student. We provide a strong academic foundation, foster skills to effect change, and develop courageous and conscientious learners from all backgrounds. We inspire students to advance equity and inclusion, to act with compassion and integrity, and to pursue a lifelong passion for learning.
The Database and Events Manager reports to the Director of Advancement and is full time. The Database and Events Manager is a member of Live Oak’s administrative team who collaborates with faculty and staff to develop and execute initiatives that cultivate inclusive, positive relationships within the school community.
Database Management: You understand that all organizations rely on data to drive growth.
● Manage all gift and data entry in Raiser’s Edge NXT, process and acknowledge donations, generate queries for mailings and stewardship, and maintain accurate records.
● Collaborate on data analysis and report production for the school’s development program.
● Conduct and report on prospect research while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, including support for new family and solicitation meetings with scheduling and communications.
● Work with the Business Office on gift processing reconciliation and audit.
Event Coordination: You know that joy and community are powerful motivators.
● Manage advancement events including: Grandparents and Special Friends’ Day, grade level receptions, Eighth Grade Legacy party, Changemaker Day, the After Party, and other celebrations and stewardship events.
● Collaborate on the development of new events to engage and steward donors and communicate the impact of philanthropy at Live Oak.
Alumni Relations: You want to cultivate the power of stories to strengthen connections.
● Act as primary alumni contact and respond to all inquiries/requests from alumni and alumni families.
● Work with the Director of Communications to produce alumni content for newsletter, magazine, social media, and other mediums as identified.
● Coordinate and implement alumni activities and events (reunions, Alumni Changemaker Award) to engage alumni and increase their connection to and knowledge of the school.
● The Advancement team operates with an all-hands-on-deck approach to community events, large projects, and creative problem-solving; a true love of team collaboration is essential.
● Perform other duties consistent with the above responsibilities and in conjunction with the overall goals of the Advancement Office; no task is too big or too small.
● Promote positive relationships between the Advancement Office and all internal and external constituents of the school by being professional, maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, and remaining present and responsive in formal and informal settings.
● Support everyday needs of the school by being present for administrative duties and attending evening and weekend community events as required.
● Commit to ongoing professional development and growth to reflect the demands of the position and the strategic priorities of the school.
● 2+ years of experience in administrative role with a track record of growth; progressive experience in fundraising and knowledge of annual giving a plus
● Customer service or related experience interacting with multiple stakeholders and constituents
● Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other database management experience preferred
● Previous school experience a plus
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Strong project management skills and ability to execute independently on tasks are essential
● Superb organization and administrative skills, including working knowledge of Word, Excel, Google Suite products. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to juggle long-range strategic planning while prioritizing and completing multiple tasks simultaneously
$65,000-$75,000 DOE (salary non-exempt)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.