Redwood Day is a vibrant K-8 school with over 385 students and 80+ faculty and staff all learning together on our four-acre campus in the heart of Oakland. Everything we do is designed to keep every child engaged and growing. Academically, that means a world-class curriculum, the best teachers, and a focus on the individual student. Socially and emotionally, we teach students to work through challenges, respect each other’s differences, and honor their diverse community. We find great strength in multiple perspectives and embrace every opportunity to weave diversity in thought and action into our social, emotional, and academic lives.
Job Description and Desired Qualifications
Redwood Day seeks a part-time (0.50 FTE) Events and Advancement Coordinator to manage a variety of events as well as assist the Director of Advancement with all other institutional advancement activities as needed. The Events and Advancement Coordinator works closely with the Parent and Guardian Association (PGA), volunteer committees, donors, faculty, and staff. Major events include Fall Festival, Generations Day, Book Fair and Annual PGA Auction. Smaller events include Trustees Day, Trustees Hail & Farewell dinner, two donor recognition events and four faculty appreciation events.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Manage event timelines and budgets
- Create and produce event invitations and manage RSVPs
- Attend event committee meetings
- Serve as the liaison for volunteer event chairs
- Manage outside vendors, including securing catering and venues
- Coordinate event print materials and fundraising collateral pieces
- Coordinate and execute the production and mailing logistics of fundraising solicitations, stewardship mailings, and email appeals
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Advancement including ordering and managing departmental office supplies
The ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
- Experience in fundraising, special events, in a non-profit and/or an independent school
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to switch frequently between taking direction, working collaboratively, and self-direction
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to provide timely response to requests for information, service, and assistance
- Collaborative and results-oriented
- Personable, positive, helpful personality; customer service mindset
- Enthusiastic, committed to excellence, self-motivated, and a professional demeanor
- Experience with recruiting, organizing, and motivating volunteers to achieve goals
This is a part-time position which is eligible for benefits. Redwood Day offers highly competitive compensation and benefits.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job responsibilities are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with federal and state laws. Employment at Redwood Day is “at-will”. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Offers are contingent on passing a background check and TB assessment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and Redwood Day application form and submit it electronically by January 15 to Sarah Wachs, Director of Advancement.
Redwood Day is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. School policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, religion color, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, transitioned, transitioning or perceived to be transitioning), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy and breastfeeding, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, military and veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful consideration by federal, state or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition, Redwood Day does not permit discrimination based on dressing consistently with one’s gender identity or gender expression, or preferred gender, name or pronoun usage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org