Grade 5 Lead Teacher
Trinity School is an outstanding elementary day school serving preschool to Grade 5 in Menlo Park, CA. Located across the street from Stanford and on Sand Hill Road, Trinity is a purposefully small school and has partnered with parents for over fifty years to grow children, one at a time, into motivated and capable problem solvers with big hearts.
Trinity School is excited to announce an opening for a Grade 5 Lead Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. This is an exceptional opportunity for a teacher who is looking to join a team-oriented, inclusive and professional learning community. The Lead Teacher will be responsible for maintaining a positive and appropriate educational environment in their homeroom and creating a program that meets the intellectual and emotional needs of each child. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues across grade levels and the school leadership to build an engaging curriculum. The Lead Teacher is the primary connection a child has for his or her learning and social-emotional experience at school. Trinity upholds the partnership between home and school with role clarity and transparent communication to ensure the child’s well being and progress. The Lead Teacher is joined in the classroom by a paraeducator, whom they supervise.
The ideal candidate will possess 3 + years of teaching experience in a lower elementary classroom environment and have a strong ability to collaborate and a willingness to contribute to a diverse, equity, and inclusion framework.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree or degree-in-progress related to education is preferred.
- At minimum 3-5 years of teaching experience in an elementary classroom
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning in a dynamic, 21st-century school community
- Ability to work in a collegial, collaborative environment
- A growth mindset, active sense of humor, warm personality, and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in educational technology
- Curriculum mapping preferred
We hope to hear from you if this description resonates with your interests and goals.
Please send a current resume and a letter of interest to Colette McWilliams, Academic Dean @email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org