Website Escuela Bilingüe Internacional
Job Title: Lower School Associate Teacher Job Class: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Principal
The Head of School is seeking faculty and staff members who, in addition to their specific responsibilities, demonstrate the following:
● Enjoy working in an international, diverse school environment;
● Share in our values of bilingualism, educational excellence, diversity, global citizenship, and the
cultivation of character;
● Support the mission of EBI;
● Bring a positive attitude and a sense of professionalism to the School community.
The fundamental responsibility of every teacher is to commit to the values and beliefs of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program and to work constantly to translate them into daily classroom practice. The school’s primary purpose is student learning and this job description is therefore structured according to the three central questions relating to this learning.
Also, in recognition of the fact that we aim to be a community of learners, we have added a final question, which focuses upon our responsibility for our own learning.
The Lower School Associate Teacher works with the instructional staff of EBI in all areas of responsibility assigned. They are involved in planning and organizing learning experiences and directly supervise children.
They maintain quality relations with the children, the teachers and parents.
Specific responsibilities include:
Committed to the EBI mission of academic excellence:
● Aligns and communicates learning goals with EBI mission and core values of bilingualism, educational excellence, diversity, global citizenship and character
● Integrates EBI mission into classroom activities
● Creates instructional goals and activities with high expectations
● Uses the designated language of instruction
● Plans and prepares for teaching to maximize student learning
● Remains current with content knowledge in one’s subject area/s
● Plans to meet IB standards and practices
● Plans lessons that have a student-centered constructivist approach
● Plans based on the IB learner profile
● Plans for the use of technology and other resources as tools to enhance learning goals
● Plans for student reflection and self-assessment
● Plans collaboratively within teams
● Uses student assessment/data to plan future lessons
● Builds a community in the classroom, where students feel safe, included, represented and
● Models and incorporates the IB learner profile
● Exhibits student work
● Pursues open-ended inquiry and real life research through a student centered constructivist approach
● Involves student actively in their own learning
● Addresses the needs of student with different levels and types of abilities
● Uses technology tools to enhance student performance when appropriate
● Uses a range and balance of teaching strategies, resources and equipment to support student
● Empowers students to feel responsible and to take action
● Demonstrates flexibility
● Plans collaboratively within teams/departments
● Works toward building consensus in grade level and/or subject area meetings
Qualifications and requirements:
● Bilingual English Spanish preferred but not required
● Experience working in the educational setting with elementary school children.
● BA Required
● Knowledgeable in Education Technology practices
● Ability to communicate verbally and in writing using Standard English
● Good interpersonal skills with both adults and children.
To be considered for the position, please complete an application, and send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references, including supervisors, to Raquel Vizcaíno, Principal (2-8) at email@example.com. Please generate all documents as one MS Word doc or a converted PDF file. Incomplete files, or files or candidates that do not meet the desired qualifications, will not be considered.
EBI is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ebinternacional.org.