Website Escuela Bilingüe Internacional
Job Title: Director of Innovation(PK-8)/STEAM Faculty
Job Class: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Principal
EBI is seeking faculty and staff members who, in addition to their specific responsibilities, demonstrate the following:
● Enjoy working in an international, diverse school environment;
● Share in our values of bilingualism, educational excellence, diversity, global
citizenship, and the cultivation of character;
● Support the mission of EBI;
● Bring a positive attitude and a sense of professionalism to the School community.
The ideal candidate for the Director of STEAM/STEAM Faculty position will have at least three (3) years of experience working with elementary and middle school children in the STEAM disciplines, and has a background in engineering and making with a particular focus on the prototyping and iteration phase of the design cycle. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to model, deliver and craft rich student-centered learning experiences around STEAM and create and implement strategies for weaving STEAM experiences into transdisciplinary IB curricula from Grades PK-8. Candidates should demonstrate a facility with scoping and scaffolding this process for Lower and Middle School students. Knowledge of drafting, 3D modeling, and fabrication on computer-assisted and basic power tools is desired. Candidates should also be familiar with the FLL Lego Robotics competition and capable of supporting teams through robotic design and programming.
Applicants should have exemplary pedagogical skills, a passion for teaching and learning from young people, and a love for working with young people in all facets of their school experience. Teachers at EBI maintain a reflective practice that involves collaboration and critical dialogue with colleagues and division leadership about their teaching and are committed to upholding and advancing EBI’s values of academic excellence, international mindedness, multilingualism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The candidate will guide students through the different learning processes involved with the content and skills of Robotics/Engineering/Coding/Science (4-8) and also teach STEAM blocks to (PK-3) on a rotational basis. The candidate must be able to develop and maintain a classroom environment that ensures effective learning and incorporates pedagogical innovations and research. The teacher must employ the appropriate teaching methodology in order to meet established program objectives and be capable of understanding and meeting the needs of students.
Specific responsibilities include: Planning & Preparation for Learning
● In-depth knowledge of STEM disciplines.
● Teach a combination of Science/Robotics/STEAM classes.
● Provide a hands-on, inquiry-based learning experience tailored to individual student
● Incorporate International Baccalaureate (PYP/MYP) pedagogy.
● Have a good grasp of how students learn.
● Backwards plan with big ideas, essential questions, knowledge, and skill goals.
● Plan on-the-spot and unit assessments to measure student learning.
● Design lessons that target multiple learning needs, styles, and interests.
● Plan in collaboration with the Pedagogical Leaders, Design Instructor, STEM
Department and grade-level English and Spanish teachers.
● Lead Middle School and Lower School Robotics teams.
● Foster positive interactions and teach useful social skills.
● Have a repertoire of discipline “moves” that can diffuse most behavior problems
before learning is impacted.
● Capture and maintain most students’ attention.
● Maximize academic learning time through coherence, lesson momentum, and
● Experience with responsive classroom preferred
Program Development and Delivery of Instruction
● Develops, and oversees the STEAM curriculum in alignment with our IB programs
to ensure that students receive relevant, stimulating and enriching experiences.
● Activate students’ prior knowledge and hook their interest in each unit and lesson.
● Use clear explanations, appropriate language, and examples to present material.
● Orchestrate effective strategies, materials, and classroom groupings to foster
● Have students think about, discuss, and use the ideas and skills being taught.
● Develop personalized learning plans for all students
● Differentiate instruction to accommodate a wide range of students’ ability levels,
learning profiles, and learning needs.
● Coordinate overnight (4-8) and outdoor field trips for students.
Monitoring, Assessment, and Follow-Up
● Provide clear criteria for proficiency, including rubrics and examples of work.
● Frequently check for understanding and give students helpful information if they
● Have students set goals, self- assess, and know where they stand academically.
● Take responsibility for students who are not succeeding and get them extra help.
● Reflect on the effectiveness of teaching/learning and how to improve it.
● Complete paperwork, duties, and assignments accurately and punctually.
● Demonstrate professional demeanor and maintain appropriate boundaries.
● Be ethical and above-board, use good judgment, and maintain confidentiality with
● Collaborate with colleagues to plan, share teaching ideas, and look at student work.
● Seeks out effective teaching ideas from colleagues, workshops, and other sources.
● Willing to participate beyond the academic program.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School
Educational and Other Requirements:
● BA in Science Education, Engineering, or in a related field. A Master’s in education or Science is preferred.
● At least 3 years of teaching Middle School Science/Robotics is required. Additional experience teaching the STEM field is strongly preferred.
● Bilingual English-Spanish is preferred.
● Experience and training in PYP, MYP and/or IB Diploma is preferred.
● Experience teaching in other international or bilingual schools preferred
● Appreciation for and desire to work with elementary and middle school students
● A passionate commitment to supporting student success
● Knowledge and understanding of personalized learning and innovative
● Understanding and commitment to DEI/social justice, including anti-bias and
safe identity educational practices
● Willingness to collaborate with diverse constituencies, work in a diverse team,
and be a leader
● Flexibility, given the uncertain times we are living through
● Commitment to 21st-century education, including knowledge of the key role of
SEL practices in whole child education and international mindedness
To be considered for the position, please complete an application, and send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for at least three professional references, including supervisors, to Raquel Vizcaíno, Principal (2-8) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please generate all documents as one MS Word doc or a converted PDF file. Incomplete files, or files or candidates that do not meet the desired qualifications, will not be considered.
EBI is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ebinternacional.org.