St. James' Episcopal School
St. James’ Episcopal School is an independent school serving students in preschool through sixth grade, located in Koreatown near Downtown Los Angeles. With more than 70 full time faculty, St. James’ is a diverse, joyful, inclusive community of learners.
St. James’ Episcopal School currently has available positions for Substitute Teachers. Substitute teachers are part of a dynamic team and implement an engaging curriculum in innovative, exciting classroom settings. The Elementary School Substitute Teacher reports to Elizabeth Desmarais, Assistant Head of School.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching credential or passing grade on CBEST
- Experience with the elementary grades
- Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive community that empowers its students and families to celebrate their cultural identities, faiths, backgrounds and heritages.
An ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of child development and experience with children
- Support of differentiation in the classroom, one-on-one work with students, preparation and supervision of lessons
- Ability to meet physical demands of working with young children
- Flexibility and a desire to work in partnership with a teaching team and a grade level
- Strong classroom management and communication skills
This is a great opportunity for educators who want to teach in a community that focuses on the whole child and values best practices and the highest standards of teaching excellence. Familiarity with 21st century skills, practice and procedures in working with children. Candidates interested in this position should fill out an application online, and may send a cover letter and resume to Danielle Prestidge, Assistant to the Head of School (email@example.com).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org