Website Drew School
Drew School is an independent, urban high school in San Francisco enrolling 280 students in grades 9 through 12. Drew knows and believes in teenagers. Drew engages each student in a process of intellectual discovery to develop an individual voice, the confidence to express it, and the empathy to understand its impact. Drew combines a student-centered curriculum with a dedicated, passionate faculty committed to best practices in their disciplines, equity and inclusion, social-emotional learning, and differentiated instruction. We believe that teenagers need a safe haven and meaningful relationships to open their minds to possibilities, emphasizing their unique journey of defining success on their own terms. The faculty meets weekly to engage in discussion and professional development with a focus on best practices in education, such as equity and inclusion, social-emotional learning, and adolescent development.
Salary: $72,000 – $110,000 per year
Drew School seeks a full-time Mathematics teacher for the 2024-2025 school year. Full-time faculty teach four sections and actively participate in departmental and curricular planning meetings. We seek an educator who employs a variety of pedagogical approaches and who has experience teaching high school mathematics including upper-level courses. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching a wide range of student abilities. We seek an educator who will be a collegial, collaborative, and supportive school community member.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 4 sections of mathematics
- Serve as a student advisor
- Design and lead Experiential Electives
- Lead a Drew Education for Active Lifelong Learning (DEALL) week experience
- Mentor a student club activity
- Maintain high standards of professionalism
- Work in alignment with the mission of Drew School
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- B.A. in mathematics or Masters in math education
- Ability to teach a range of math classes from Algebra I to Calculus
- Knowledge of and experience with recent best practices in mathematics instruction
- Facility with integrated cross-curricular collaboration
- Curriculum development
- Best practices for teaching students with learning differences
- Differentiates instruction
- Culturally competent and committed to equity and inclusion
- Enjoys working with teenagers
- Self-reflective and growth-minded
- Collaborates with adults and students
Drew School is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an identity-safe school, where all members of the community find opportunities for belonging and growth. Drew School offers a competitive compensation package. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY Drew School of San Francisco admits students of every race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, or handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, athletic and other school administered programs.
$72,000 – $110,000
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.