Website Drew School
Job Title: Advancement Associate
Status: Year-round, exempt, in-person
Reports to: Associate Director of Advancement
Salary: $55,000-$70,000 DOE
Drew knows and believes in teenagers. We engage each student in a process of intellectual discovery to develop an individual voice, the confidence to express it, and the empathy to understand its impact.
Founded in 1908, Drew is an innovative, progressive, independent high school located in the heart of San Francisco. Drew’s experienced, dedicated, and passionate faculty and dynamic student body form the core of Drew’s supportive and engaging community. Drew aims to foster and develop each student’s individual voice, encouraging each student to engage in a process of intellectual discovery, personal growth, and empathetic learning. Drew’s curriculum focuses on experiential learning, global awareness, local community involvement, citizenship, and support of individual talents and strengths.
Drew School seeks an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join our dynamic and small but mighty development team. The Associate will assist with a variety of development and communication initiatives including annual fund and endowment initiative support, database management, alumni engagement, event planning, donor stewardship, and communications, among other tasks. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Associate Director of Advancement and working closely with the Director of Advancement and Associate Director of Communications. With a new incoming Head of School next year and an exciting endowment initiative underway, now is a truly exciting time to join our team!
- Assist in the implementation of all aspects of Drew’s advancement program.
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database, generate queries, reports, and exports, and provide analysis.
- Assist in production of Annual Fund solicitation letters, manage mailings, and generate email campaigns.
- Process and acknowledge all donations in a timely manner and maintain Annual Fund participation tracking documents.
- Work with the Business Office on reconciliation of contributed revenue.
- Assist in production of solicitation materials for endowment giving initiative.
- Scheduling and planning donor meetings with school leadership and solicitation teams.
- Reconciling Advancement credit card statements monthly.
- Assist in reconciliation of donations with the Business Office.
- Support various donor cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Assist in research and analysis of biographical, philanthropic, professional and financial information of donors and prospects.
- Assist in organizing and executing a variety of annual events including the spring fundraiser, Grandparents’ Day, Leadership Donor Appreciation Reception, Alumni and Parents of Alumni reunions, Senior Lunch, giving initiative and campaign receptions, and other events as needed. Attend all events.
- Provide support as needed to the Parent/Guardian Association and attend their meetings.
- Provide assistance with communication needs including, but not limited to, production of Drew Weekly, social media, website edits, and photographing and documenting school activities.
- Provide daily general assistance to the Director of Advancement and Associate Director of Advancement, and participate in additional development and school-wide activities as requested.
- Assist when needed with school front desk coverage.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment and possess high levels of customer service and professionalism. Essential skills include:
- Commitment to the mission of Drew School
- Strategic, creative, and poised executive presence
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in project management
- Self-motivated and confident in working simultaneously on multiple projects with flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Grace under pressure and utmost tact, discretion and sound judgment, especially with families, donors, volunteers, alumni, students, faculty, and staff
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of office experience, preferably in an educational or nonprofit setting
- Proficiency with Google Suite, social media (Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn), and databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge) required. Experience with Canva, MailChimp, and Give Campus are a plus
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and other constituents
- Ability to manage highly sensitive financial and other personal information with confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated flexibility, collaborative approach, and sense of humor
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service
- Positive attitude
- Some nights and weekends may be required for events.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
Drew offers a competitive compensation package including health and retirement benefits. Drew School is an equal opportunity employer and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Drew does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital status, citizenship, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Drew actively seeks to create a more diverse school community and as such, we encourage people of color, members of the LGBTIQ community, and marginalized communities to apply.
$55,000 – $70,000
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.