Website Drew School
Drew School is an independent, urban high school in San Francisco enrolling 280 students in grades 9 through 12. Drew knows and believes in teenagers. Drew engages each student in a process of intellectual discovery to develop an individual voice, the confidence to express it, and the empathy to understand its impact. Drew combines a student-centered curriculum with a dedicated, passionate faculty committed to best practices in their disciplines, equity and inclusion, social-emotional learning, and differentiated instruction. We believe that teenagers need a safe haven and meaningful relationships to open their minds to possibilities, emphasizing their unique journey of defining success on their own terms. The faculty meets weekly to engage in discussion and professional development with a focus on best practices in education, such as equity and inclusion, social-emotional learning, and adolescent development.
More information about Drew is available on our website: www.drewschool.org.
Drew School seeks a Biology and Chemistry teacher for the Fall 2023 semester. This is a temporary position providing coverage during a leave of absence. The position is scheduled to end in mid-December, however dates could change due to any modifications to the leave of absence. We seek a teacher who has experience teaching General Biology and/or Chemistry to 9th and 10th graders. We seek an educator who will be a collegial, collaborative, and supportive school community member. Our science program places a strong emphasis on inquiry-based, hands-on learning, and we value creativity and real-world application of scientific principles.
Salary range: $38,000 – $48,000 for full time fall semester
Teaching Duties and Responsibilities
– Teach 2 or 4 sections of science classes (full time preferred, part time possible)
– Serve as a student advisor
– Design and lead Experiential Electives
– Maintain high standards of professionalism
– Work in alignment with the mission of Drew School
Desirable Skills and Experience
– B.A. in Life Sciences and Chemistry or associated field (graduate degree preferred)
– Teaching courses in Biology and Chemistry
– Knowledge of and experience with recent best practices in science instruction
– Curriculum development
– Best practices for teaching students with learning differences
– Differentiates instruction
– Culturally competent and committed to equity and inclusion
– Enjoys working with teenagers
– Self-reflective and growth-minded
– Collaborates with adults and students
Drew School is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an identity-safe school, where all members of the community find opportunities for belonging and growth. Drew School offers a competitive compensation package. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY Drew School of San Francisco admits students of every race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, or handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, athletic and other school administered programs.
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.