French American International School
Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is an administrative position (which may or may not include some teaching assignments) reporting directly to the Head of School and working closely with the Section Principals. S/he will lead the implementation of the school’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts with a particular focus on students, to ensure that they all feel valued and treated equitably as unique individuals in a supportive, diverse and inclusive school environment. The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be a member of the school-wide Leadership Team and will interact with the academic sections as well as Admissions, Student Support Services, Urban Engagement, Service Learning, College Counseling and other departments to provide consistent and comprehensive programming and services. A successful candidate will have a good understanding of the differences in approaches to diversity, equity, and inclusion issues in the worlds of independent and international schools. International experience and knowledge of French are preferred, but not required; an appreciation of our international community and a delight in the many ways we are diverse are essential.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide strategic leadership in the area of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- In collaboration with the Section Principals, Heads of Department, Grade level team leaders, and Cycle coordinators, assess and support the development of an inclusive and multicultural curriculum, both in content and delivery.
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty and staff.
- Develop a range of professional development experiences in diversity, identity, equity and inclusion to meet the learning needs of faculty and staff.
- Work with Admissions to help recruit, welcome and retain a diverse student body.
- Provide ongoing, regular programming for students, their families, and faculty and staff in the area of diversity, identity, equity and inclusion.
- Create, support and liaise with the various diversity and inclusion-related groups for the school community.
- Support and develop student diversity leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (master’s preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years teaching or administrative experience preferably in an independent school
- Understanding of multicultural education, inclusive classrooms and pedagogy
- Experience presenting, facilitating, and leading committees of students, parents, faculty and administrators
- Proficiency in French preferred, but not required
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403B – 5% match after 2 years of service
- Commuter Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- 2 weeks Vacation to start (Increased every 2 years)
- 2 Personal days
- 10 Sick days
- Paid Holidays
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
French American International School is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color,international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com