The Girls' Middle School
The Girls’ Middle School
Imagine a school where each day is alive with learning and the spirit of adventure. Since its founding in 1998, The Girls’ Middle School (GMS) has been committed to progressive education and innovative programming, meeting the needs of a wide range of middle school girls who make up our vibrant, inclusive community. Our project-based curriculum encourages creative problem solving, collaborative teamwork, and independent thought. GMS educates girls during a pivotal time in their lives. Girls develop self-knowledge, confidence, and leadership skills supported by a staff highly attuned to their changing emotional and social needs. GMS encourages girls to find their voices, take risks, and become self-reliant.
GMS celebrates different perspectives coming together in community. We are committed to broadening the diversity, in all dimensions, of our faculty and staff.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
The Director of Admission is a senior member of the administrative team and leads an Admission Office consisting of two seasoned professionals. There is ample interest in the school to fill the class with mission-appropriate girls. In addition to admission, the office is responsible for outreach to low-income families, financial aid, and communications. The tone of the office is warm, high-touch, and highly collaborative. GMS is a distinctive school with a strong reputation and passionate enthusiasm that permeates its parent community.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
- Collaborative, warm, wise and trustworthy
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgement
- Exceptional communication skills
- Passion for progressive education
- Commitment to a diverse and equitable school
- Understanding of the power of an all-girls education
- Enthusiasm for the values and mission of The Girls’ Middle School
- Delight in joining a remarkable team of educators
Education and/or Experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Management experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: admissions, marketing and communications, independent schools, middle schools, girls’ schools and/or progressive schools
Please send a resume and letter of interest to Jennifer Ayer at firstname.lastname@example.org. A compensation package, including a comprehensive benefits package, will be offered commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com