Website Cristo Rey De La Salle High School
CRDLS prepares its students for college and life.
Located in the heart of Oakland’s historic Fruitvale district at the Saint Elizabeth Campus, Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School (CRDLS) is a diverse, Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students to succeed in college and in life.
Our Unique Approach
Working at CRDLS is UNLIKE teaching in a traditional high school environment.
We are proponents of personalized learning. CRDLS leverages the Summit Learning platform to aid in the delivery of its educational program. The school is sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers of the Lasallian District of San Francisco New Orleans and is a member of the Cristo Rey network.
We are committed to the principles of restorative and wholeness practices, and we integrate a unique corporate work study program in the educational experience of each student associate. Each student associate is employed five days per month by a corporate partner, local business, or community agency which, in turn, provides socio-political capital and tuition assistance.
We are seeking a dedicated, intellectually curious and mission-driven educator who is open to growth and wants to be part of our community. As part of the faculty, they will have the unique opportunity to help develop one of Oakland’s most promising educational options for youth.
Seven Essential Characteristics of an Educator at Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School
● Commits to working with young people, and accompanies our student associates to become agents of their academic success;
● Exhibits the flexibility to pivot and is comfortable with change and transition;
● Listens to new educational research, displays a growth mindset, and engages in lifelong learning;
● Models mindfulness, culturally responsive and relevant teaching, wholeness and restorative justice practices;
● Collaborates openly and communicates authentically with colleagues to build an inclusive educational community;
● Takes creative initiative, is resourceful, organized, self-directed, and is reflective and loving in disposition;
● Appreciates our Lasallian Catholic heritage and tradition, and respects religious plurality.
Anticipated Start Date:
– Immediate Opening
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Teach five content specific class periods assigned by Principal
– Teach 1 Mentor session
– Supervise at least one extracurricular activity
– Understand and appreciate Summit Learning (personalized learning)
Faculty (Full-Time) Job Description 2020-2021 School Year
– Plan and prepare curriculum-based units and lesson plans
– Grade and record student work
– Provide constant feedback to student work
– Serve as a substitute teacher for absent teachers
– Grade and proctor content assessments
– Participate in the instructional coaching program
– Attend conferences and orientations with students and parents
– Serve on faculty teams
– Observe other classrooms
– Study departmental and school data
– Attend faculty and all hands meetings
– Take part in school’s religious and spiritual programs, including faculty and staff retreats
– Elective Course (Health & Wellness / College Preparation Course
Skills and Qualifications
– A Bachelor’s degree related to field
– Proficiency in DEIB work
– Knowledge of Summit Learning, personalized learning and the Cristo Rey Network
– 12 credit hours in education courses or a valid CA Teaching credential (could be working towards it)
– Proficiency in using technology in the classroom to enhance student learning (i.e. word processing,
spreadsheets, databases, online textbooks, and educational websites)
– Minimum two-year experience working as a high school or middle school teacher
– Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm, openness, and dedication
– Exhibit interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
– Full-time position with benefits. Salary is based on education and experience.
If you would like to be considered for a faculty position at Cristo Rey De La Salle, please submit one PDF document of your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2021. Priority will be given to applicants who apply by this deadline. All other applications will be reviewed as needed.