Website Cristo Rey De La Salle High School
CRDLS prepares its students for college and life. Join us!
Posting: Vice President Mission Advancement Job Description
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School St. Elizabeth Campus is a diverse Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students of limited economic means to succeed in college and in life.
● We believe that economic status, zip code, gender and ethnicity should not obstruct the pathway to educational and life success.
● We accompany students and graduates in their journey to lead lives of wholeness, purpose, and agency.
● We unite youth and families with educators, corporations, nonprofits, and philanthropists through education and work.
● We believe in the power of these relationships to transform lives.
Position Title: Vice President Mission Advancement Employment Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports to: President/CEO
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/403b/Group Life Insurance/LTD Insurance
generous vacation, sick leave and holiday plans
2 FTE Advancement staff:
● Assistant Vice President of Mission Advancement
● Major Gifts Officer
● Grant writer/researcher – retainer 15 hours p/mo
● Graphic designer/copywriter – by project
● Administrative support – 4-10 hrs p/wk as needed
● Event planner – seasonal
The Vice President of Mission Advancement must have an appreciation of the structure and culture of the school’s Lasallian Catholic heritage, the Catholic Church and exhibit a respect for religious plurality. We seek a person who believes in the transformative power of education.
The Vice President of Mission Advancement must be a highly motivated, experienced professional with the skills to create, direct and successfully grow a comprehensive fund development program in support of a $1.5 – $2 million annual contributed revenue budget.
We are seeking a deeply experienced fundraiser. The most essential skill and experience required is major donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, prospect identification, and research.
It is critical to have a strong working knowledge of managing all aspects of an advancement program including individual giving, direct mail appeals, managing and growing a robust grants pipeline, donor communications, and fundraising events. It is important to have experience with non-profit financial analysis as it relates to fundraising, audit trails, and donor record management. The candidate must possess a solid working knowledge of database management and fully understand use of a database to establish a data-driven approach to advancement initiatives.
● 10 or more years of experience in fundraising
● Verifiable track record of meeting contributed revenue goals in excess of
● Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
● Minimum 5 years of staff management experience
● Minimum 5 years department budget development and budget
● Familiarity with the San Francisco East Bay Area funding community
● Technical skills to navigate standard business platforms and software
(Microsoft Office, Google Cloud Platform, relational donor database – DonorPerfect preferred)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Directing a comprehensive, data-driven fund development program in support of a $1.5 – $2 million annual contributed revenue budget with emphasis on major donor identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
● Personally directing and managing a robust and ongoing major donor campaign and pipeline
● Collaborating with and fully supporting the President/CEO in work with major donors.
● Collaborating with the President/CEO and the Vice President of Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) to support the achievement of school revenue goals
● Managing a robust grants pipeline working with a contract grant writer/researcher, establishing and maintaining grant funder relationships, and, upon occasion, authoring proposals and reports
● Directing and managing fundraising events including an annual gala, hosted receptions, and other cultivation, stewardship and awareness-building events
● Donor prospect identification and research
● Direction of records retention, audit trail, gift processing/acknowledgment,
● Participating in the ongoing strategic planning process
● Creating the annual Advancement department budget and managing to it,
including frequent contributed revenue forecasts
● Participating in professional development and school activities
● Attend fundraising workshops and conferences for professional growth
● Deepening formation with the De La Salle Christian Brothers
● Some evening and weekend responsibilities
● Some overnight workshops and conferences
● Some domestic travel
Conditions of Employment
● Must pass Dept of Justice, FBI fingerprint and background checks for working in a school setting
● Tuberculosis test required
● Must have reliable personal vehicle
● Must hold a valid driver’s license
● Must be eligible for coverage on school vehicle insurance
● Ability to lift 30 pounds
Application and timeline for hire:
Applications accepted through March 21, 2021 Review of applications to begin March 22, 2021 Interviews begin in late March
Hiring date: As soon as available
Please email résumé, cover letter and three writing samples to: Janet Wilks
Vice President Mission Advancement email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org