Website Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School
Located in the heart of Oakland’s historic Fruitvale district at the Saint Elizabeth Campus, Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School (CRDLS) is a diverse, Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students to succeed in college and in life.
CRDLS is one of 38 high schools across the country associated with the Cristo Rey Network. The Network began more than 25 years ago with an education/work study model that has proven to be universally successful.
Working at CRDLS is UNLIKE working in a traditional high school environment. As an independent private school, students aren’t placed at CRDLS; they choose us! Faculty and staff are the backbone of the school and the development of relationships are foundational to the success of each student. The success of the program was recently demonstrated by the acceptance to four-year colleges by 100% of the inaugural graduating class of 2022.
Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP)
The CWSP is a subsidiary employment agency operated solely within CRDLS that trains students for entry-level employment and markets their services to local clients, enabling all students to earn approximately half the cost of their education through a job-sharing partnership to cover full-time, Monday-Friday positions. CWSP participation is a critical component of every CRDLS student’s education.
Through this program, CRDLS students provide valued service to Bay Area companies and organizations where they also find mentors and forge fundamental networks for their future success.
The Ideal Candidate
The Relationship Manager plays a critical role in the CRDLS Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). The Relationship Manager is responsible for building, maintaining, and deepening relationships with the Corporate and Nonprofit Partners (companies) supervisors that hire our students. This role works with both Partners and students to help solve any business or technical challenges that they face. The Relationship Manager will act as the point person for communication with supervisors and students in their portfolio. The Relationship Manager will meet with both parties to answer their questions and assist with conflict resolution by attending promptly to partner or student issues. You will work closely with the academic team to resolve issues in a collaborative manner. The Relationship Manager reports to the Vice President of CWSP.
We are seeking a dynamic growth-minded individual committed to our mission, equity and inclusion, and who reflects and celebrates our rich cultural diversity. Though we do not all work in a classroom, in a Lasallian school, all faculty and staff are considered educators and active role models for our students, please check out our seven essential characteristics of an educator at CRDLS.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of 20 – 30 CWSP Partner relationships and student work teams (80 – 120 students) employed by those Partners.
- Build strong relationships with and coach students towards excellent work performance. Closely monitor timecard and performance evaluation feedback and implement interventions with students.
- Build strong relationships with and coach Partner supervisors, anticipate needs of and effectively respond to supervisors. Provide resources to share best practices.
- Help with student placement selection, reviews, and evaluation
- Conduct Corporate Partner onboarding with VP of CWSP to ensure smooth transition from sales
- Conduct site visits and check in calls to every supervisor/Partner at least twice a year, ensure follow-up is done and documentation is completed in a timely manner in Salesforce
- Manage all aspects of partnerships within portfolio in a solution-oriented, supportive way demonstrating excellent customer service to Partners and students; always looking for opportunities to deepen professional relationships/partnerships and capacity-build
Data Management, Compliance & Quality Assurance
- Maintain accurate student, Partner, supervisor, family, etc. information in school databases (i.e. PowerSchool, Work Study Force/Salesforce, Google Drive records)
- Assist operations in the collection of biannual Cristo Rey Network student performance evaluation deployment, data collection and reporting for all Partners in portfolio
- Support CWSP staff with student employment processes ensuring compliance and accuracy with Labor Laws. Assist with student employment sessions to secure I-9s, work permits, etc.
- Lead strong student attendance efforts; generate/monitor missed work days and schedule make-up days in coordination with employers and student’s families
Student Development & Family Communication
- Provide direct support to students through positive reinforcement and constructive interventions in order to help ensure continuous improvement in professional skills and work performance
- Provide program leadership and logistics support during morning and/or afternoon CWSP routines when students departing for and returning from work.
Support the daily operational needs of the Corporate Work Study Program
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A desire to learn and be part of the unique Cristo Rey mission, recognizing the educational value and financial importance of the work study program; workforce development experience preferred;
- Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment, intellectual curiosity, openness to growth, and optimism that are central to the character of our team.
- Experience in successfully managing complex relationship portfolios with diverse stakeholders
- Strengths-based approach to working with students and adults; ability to be a consistent, positive role model and support for students
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of of database management such as Salesforce, Google Drive, and other information management systems
- Creative and entrepreneurial attitude with a desire to work in a fast-paced, detail-heavy environment that often presents competing priorities that require quick decisions and good judgment.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a faith-based organization;
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.